Bummer at it again! LOL

tennesseeduke

The University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team could be in some hot water, following a pair of posts on social media.

The first post was sure to raise a few eyebrows on its own. It's an Instagram of sophomore running back Derrick Henry standing in front of his new Dodge Challenger (we're guessing it's an R/T based on the fender stripes). Complete with a custom set of wheels, the image was enough to trigger more than a few questions about where an unemployed student-athlete came up with the money for such a purchase. Now, this could be harmless. Henry, flush with a full-ride to Bama could have convinced his parents to get him something nice with his college fund.

Google Image Result for http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/892/157/9c133c4c6169b9a7573a131f8429eede_crop_north.png%3Fw%3D460%26h%3D307%26q%3D75

The second post, though, is a straight-up accusation. It comes from former West Virginia Mountaineer and current CFL quarterback Pat White, who posted the following on his Facebook page.

Post by Pat White.

If what White alleges is true and Alabama did offer him a Chevrolet Corvette, it would lead to a huge investigation by the NCAA into Alabama's recruiting practices. Championships could be vacated ('Bama has three since 2009), while fines and probation could come to the program and Head Coach Nick Saban might even find himself out of a job.

There are a few big reasons not to take White's claim seriously, though. As Bleacher Report points out, White wasn't recruited as a blue-chip prospect. He was merely a three-star player, which makes it seem unlikely that any program would take the risk or the expense of handing over a $50,000 to $70,000 car just so he'd sign his name on the dotted line.

B/R also points out that it's not entirely clear if White was even recruited by Bama. It points to the two leading online recruiting resources, Scouts.com and Rivals.com, which don't agree as to whether White was even pursued by the Tide.

Regardless of how Henry actually got the car, this is likely not the last we'll hear of NCAA student-athletes running into trouble over cars and amateurism rules.

Allegedly of course! :eek:lol:

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

It ain't a surprise and I don't see the ncaa doing jack crap to reel in their golden child and money machine. They need bam a. Satan will just smile and say "I have done my job. I have brought you your precious crystal ball. Then you dropped it and shattered it all over the floor. Doesn't matter to me, I got paid, I did my job. I was only here for the money and the fame. I leave you with kitten as a thank you."

Bama?

580x326xdj-fluker-twitter-bomb.jpg.pagespeed.ic.AHUG-EfQuz.jpg

They don't cheat

Ride bammer ride, Mobile is the place for rims - Sports Lagniappe - Tigalaya.com - LSU Sports Forum & Blog

Totally clean. All those kids bought their $20-35k rides and put $5k worth of work into them completely legitimately.

And OP, you're kidding yourself if you think the NCAA cares about this.

EDIT'd because some of those rides are merely $20k. Totally affordable for a college kid coming from a destitute background like dear DJ Fluker.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Also, NCAA bylaw:

https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/by...ms=&keyValue=266&reportType=NotMain&adopted=0

After becoming a student-athlete, an individual shall not be eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics if the individual:

(a) Accepts any remuneration for or permits the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind; or

Proof has been right there for the NCAA. Clear endorsement for Alabama booster/owner of Hot Wheelz... they don't care.

Pat White's accusation means less than these pictures (well over 100 different players) of Alabama players getting their ride decked out.

The NCAA doesn't care about Bama.

But if Ohio State gets some tattoos? Bring the pain. I don't get how they do it.

INB4 a debate about the rule itself starts, ignoring it is in fact a rule right now.

Did you really find a recent article for this information, or did you somehow stumble across an article or blog posting from May and didn't check the date before you started this thread?

Well lets see, the head of the NCAA was the AD at LSU when Saban was the HC there. So knowing that is it really surprising that nothing ever happens to Saban or his players when the evidence is clear and obvious.

NCAA and Saban, ALMOST as corrupt as politicians. I would say more but politicians could force the NCAA to clean up ts act but they won't because they get a piece of the pie as long as they just turn a blind eye and say they will leave it to the NCAA.

VN Store

Back