Clock mistake in Alabama-Arkansas

Our 2004 game says hello.

I recall an incorrect clock stoppage giving UT extra time to drive down the field and kick a game winning FG.

2000 Fla v Tennessee
2014 Fla v Kentucky
2009 Fla v Arkansas
2014 Fla v Tennessee

That's without me putting forth any effort to think about it.

Reactions: 1 person
No, mysterious "mistakes" by the officiating crew. You know what I'm talking about. Quit perpetuating the Florida fan syereotype.

No, the thread title was about clock mistakes, and you chose to lump in bad referee calls to help your argument.

UT got the benefit of a huge clock mistake in 2004, and I fully acknowledge UF got an extra split second against UK and UT...not sure what stereotype you're talking about.

UF and UT both benefitted from clock mistakes in the past 10-15 years.

You disagree?

No, the thread title was about clock mistakes, and you chose to lump in bad referee calls to help your argument.

UT got the benefit of a huge clock mistake in 2004, and I fully acknowledge UF got an extra split second against UK and UT...not sure what stereotype you're talking about.

UF and UT both benefitted from clock mistakes in the past 10-15 years.

You disagree?
The issue is about more than clock mistakes. Again, you know that. But by playing dumb you can avoid discussing it.

As far as both teams benefitting from clock mistakes: Tennessee benefitted during a game 10 years ago. Florida and Alabama have benefitted for years and will continue to receive preferential treatment for the foreseeable future.

bamawriter openly admits he supports cheating by his favorite team. You should embrace the same philosophy. Honesty is the best policy for fans.

Reactions: 2 people
The issue is about more than clock mistakes. Again, you know that. But by playing dumb you can avoid discussing it.

As far as both teams benefitting from clock mistakes: Tennessee benefitted during a game 10 years ago. Florida and Alabama have benefitted for years and will continue to receive preferential treatment for the foreseeable future.

bamawriter openly admits he supports cheating by his favorite team. You should embrace the same philosophy. Honesty is the best policy for fans.

I'm not bamawriter. Stay on point.

Ask any fan base about a game where their team got shafted by refs and they'll have a handful of examples.

Hell, one of the reasons CFB has instant replay was due to refs blowing over a half dozen calls in FSU's favor when we played them in 2003.

But, if you're looking for or a conspiracy you can always find one. :thumbsup:

That's not really accurate. I openly support cheating by ALL teams.

Thanks.

All I'm saying is fans should embrace their lot in life. The sooner we come to terms with it the happier we will be. If your team is a cheater, then be proud of it. If your team sucks (like mine), just accept it as part of life. There's nothing I can do to change it.

I'm not bamawriter. Stay on point.

Ask any fan base about a game where their team got shafted by refs and they'll have a handful of examples.

Hell, one of the reasons CFB has instant replay was due to refs blowing over a half dozen calls in FSU's favor when we played them in 2003.

Yes, I realize you're not bamawriter. We call that using an example to make a point. I now realize these concepts are difficult for you, I just assumed you understood. I blame myself for having too much confidence in you.

Embrace your team's reputation and favorite status amongst the NCAA leadership.

Last edited:

Absolutely this.

I recognize that Penn Wagers and his merry band of idiots blew their usual assortment of calls on Saturday. And I further recognize that most of those blown calls worked in Bama's favor.

But I absolutely hate it when Bama draws that crew because they've blown a ton of calls that hurt Bama in the 15 or so years they've been calling games. Wagers is my most disliked official by a country mile.

yes, I realize you're not bamawriter. We call that using an example to make a point. I now realize these concepts are difficult for you, I just assumed you understood. I blame myself for having too much confidence in you.

Embrace your team's reputation and favorite status amongst the NCAA leadership.

Funny how there's a referee conspiracy involving two teams UT hasn't beaten recently.

Just out of curiosity, Ron, have there been any calls in the past 7 Bama-Tennessee games that directly impacted the result?

Admittedly, my memory is not what it once was. But I cannot recall any. Do you know of any?

I know in '09 that Janzen Jackson removed his helmet on the field after UT recovered the onside kick. It should have cost UT 15 yards, but it's hard to say that it really would have impacted the result.

That's about all I can think of.

VN Store

Back