Jameis Winston saga (merged)

“We did not want you to confuse our silence with idleness, a lack of caring or, as some have alleged, an institutional conspiracy to protect a star athlete.”

I can't imagine who might even suspect such a thing!

The accuser's attorney says a big story is about to break at the New York Times. That FSU met with Winston and his lawyer a month after the incident, and hid it from the Title IX compliance officials at the university.

Reactions: 1 person
The accuser's attorney says a big story is about to break at the New York Times. That FSU met with Winston and his lawyer a month after the incident, and hid it from the Title IX compliance officials at the university.

LG...I know this isn't good for Jameis, but what doe this mean for Free Shoes U?

If this is true, and can be proven, FSU will look like a bunch of backward football crazed idiots to the rest of the college football world.

LG...I know this isn't good for Jameis, but what doe this mean for Free Shoes U?

I don't know. Going off what I read theoretically federal funding is jeopardized. I imagine FSU will claim that whoever was running that preliminary investigation just didn't know that they were supposed to report it to the Title IX compliance office. They will claim innocent mistake due to ignorance. And its FSU so I'd be inclined to say that's true.

Reactions: 2 people
FSU was obligated by federal law to look into this once they found out.

They're trying to claim that they didn't find out until a year later despite the fact that the UPD and the AD knew about it.

They're trying to claim that they didn't find out until a year later despite the fact that the UPD and the AD knew about it.

And the federal law that stipulates that is Title IX? I thought that had to do with sexual discrimination....

FSU's argument will be something along the lines of saying no one does a Title IX investigation the way the Feds want.

What we do know is the victim left school because she did not feel safe or protected, which the exact issue that Title IX seeks to correct. The victim should be protected by removing the accused from the university community immediately.

This is why Treon Harris is now taking on-line courses so that he does not have to be on campus.

Also it's curious that FSU Title IX coordinator left FSU when all this came to light. Just a coincidence. :)

I wouldn't want this cancer of a player on my team

Cat...I may not be understanding this, but it now sounds like to me that FSU is in deep doo-doo. This story doesn't seem to implicate Jameis any more than he already is, but the school is essentially been accused of covering this up.

LG...is that a simplistic but accurate explanation?

I don't know. Going off what I read theoretically federal funding is jeopardized. I imagine FSU will claim that whoever was running that preliminary investigation just didn't know that they were supposed to report it to the Title IX compliance office. They will claim innocent mistake due to ignorance. And its FSU so I'd be inclined to say that's true.

Thats how its done.

obama-wink.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Let me guess, FSU will get around to all this after the football season is over.

If the AD knew then Jimbo knew too.

FSU's argument will be something along the lines of saying no one does a Title IX investigation the way the Feds want.

What we do know is the victim left school because she did not feel safe or protected, which the exact issue that Title IX seeks to correct. The victim should be protected by removing the accused from the university community immediately.

This is why Treon Harris is now taking on-line courses so that he does not have to be on campus.

Also it's curious that FSU Title IX coordinator left FSU when all this came to light. Just a coincidence. :)

Doesn't work like that.

VN Store

Back