#13 UGA vs #23 Missouri (Noon CBS)

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
Looks a lot like our game last week. Georgia is dominating but kicking FGs. Maty Mauk is inconsistent as hell. He's a big play waiting to happen but not very good at sustaining drives.

The east is just full of ugly football.

I think this actually - even without Gurley - sets up well for UGA as long as they don't turn the ball over (they've dropped it twice but it's bounced back to them).

Missouri's offense has struggled since the first 4 games. Mauk's completion percentage has gradually gotten worse each game, and frankly - if they're planning on sticking with the run - UGA is breaking through that line (I know there's an injury there; I think they rearranged the line before the USCe).

On the other end, yes Missouri's good at pressure with just their front 4 (they have 18 sacks on the season?), but if you give your QBS enough time, their DBs are not great at pass defense, and the run defense can be back and forth so far (not bad, but gives up a big run seemingly each game).

Also I don't think everyone picking Mizzou suddenly helps; this feels like the kind of game they would lose when everyone's expecting them to win.

Mainly the offense though, I think that will be their biggest issue today.

And Missouri's also a defense that lives and dies by the turnover. If it's not bouncing their way, they'll struggle a bit more to score points and be as efficient.

Nick Chubb is a horse, but he's touching the ball entirely too much.

Makes our losses to UF and UGA that much more aggravating.

I agree about Florida. But UGA on the road is hard for me to be that bothered by after the fact. Georgia has flaws but can play with anybody.

Is that 3 almost fumbles now in a little over a quarter that have all literally bounced back to UGA?

Does Mizzou suck that bad? I'm not overly impressed w/ GA, but they are handing them their cumulative arse at the moment.

Missouri is going to need a turnover it they're going to score any points in this game.

As it's currently going, Missouri's not going to score any points.

Also, probably would lose to UF and maybe UK

Does Mizzou suck that bad? I'm not overly impressed w/ GA, but they are handing them their cumulative arse at the moment.

I think they may have gotten a little too much credit for the SC win. They were on the edge of getting beaten handily and SC choked.

I agree about Florida. But UGA on the road is hard for me to be that bothered by after the fact. Georgia has flaws but can play with anybody.

UGA isn't very good even with Gurley.

We had plenty of chances.

I think they may have gotten a little too much credit for the SC win. They were on the edge of getting beaten handily and SC choked.

Agreed..and how much credit should one really get for beating SC, anyway?

Agreed..and how much credit should one really get for beating SC, anyway?

I don't think anybody knows. A lot of SC's problem is a front loaded schedule, but they've finitely taken a step back.

VN Store

Back