Playing for the Mob

I haven't seen many 30 for 30s but every one I've seen has been very good. Same goes for this one.

I haven't seen many 30 for 30s but every one I've seen has been very good. Same goes for this one.

I've tried to watch most of them and i agree. I started this one but I wasn't paying attention and changed the channel.

That was excellent. Amazed with all the connections to Henry Hill and the guys from Goodfellas.

I've tried to watch most of them and i agree. I started this one but I wasn't paying attention and changed the channel.

This one was a little hard to follow if you weren't paying attention. All the connections from Bruce Pearl to Lucchese crime family capo Paul Vario

Like yall said, it was more difficult to follow than the others. I have the box set of the rest of them they've produced and watch them all the time. "Playing For the Mob" is one that I'd like to re-watch a few times to better understand it. The spider web on the whole situation was intricate. Almost needed to watch it with a note pad and pen so you could diagram the key players and how they all linked up.

Like yall said, it was more difficult to follow than the others. I have the box set of the rest of them they've produced and watch them all the time. "Playing For the Mob" is one that I'd like to re-watch a few times to better understand it. The spider web on the whole situation was intricate. Almost needed to watch it with a note pad and pen so you could diagram the key players and how they all linked up.

In a flow chart based on how the money trickled down (some of which came from the ~$6M Lufthansa heist):

Paul Vario (Lucchese crime family capo)
+
Jimmy the Gent (Lucchese associate - DeNiro in Goodfellas)
+
Henry Hill (Lucchese associate - Liotta in Goodfellas)
+
Paul Mazzei (Pittsburgh dog-groomer/drug dealer/gambler who met Hill in prison)
+
Tony & Rocco Perla (Pittsburgh gamblers - conceived the scheme - Rocco played HS ball w Kuhn)
+
Rick Kuhn (BC starting center)
+
other players (Sweeney, Cobb, etc)

VN Store

Back