Sec officiating a concern...

roddo518

Coach
In the big games. I am appalled at the front runner calls teams are getting. I think arkansas got hosed with two tds called back in the second half vs tam. Ky got hosed with delay of game not being called vs fla. We had a bad spot of 3.5 yds on third down vs uga. It was at least 2 seconds past delay of game on fla fg to take a 1 point lead vs tn today. Bama gets to break a neck with a face mask pull, strip the ball and score with no call in ole miss game. It's beginning to be a trend. I guess we need to be ranked in the top ten to get the powers that be to get refs to call it for the the underdogs. I'm thinking we need to request neutral refs in our upcoming games. Damn.

Reactions: 4 people
SEC officiating ( football and basketball) is horrible at best. It's embarrassing the best conference in college football has subpar officiating.

Reactions: 4 people
Sec refs have really been bad the last few years. Surely these guys aren't the best in the businesses. We seem to be on the receiving end of multiple bad calls

I thought they were gonna hose Ole Miss on that last int. They tried, but it would've been too obvious if that one hadn't been overturned.

Reactions: 2 people
Heck, they are about to hose ky on punter fumble in the usc vs ky game. This is so bad. I think we should get up a petition to have neutral refs in the sec. It is getting that big.

Heck, they are about to hose ky on punter fumble in the usc vs ky game. This is so bad. I think we should get up a petition to have neutral refs in the sec. It is getting that big.

That wasn't the punter.

It certainly isn't his intelligent posts.

Well let's see from a mathematical perspective. You have about 25% like rate for every post. I have about a 80 % like rate on every post. Hmmmmm. I think you don't measure up. But I have to hand it to Ya. You do type a lot!

Well let's see from a mathematical perspective. You have about 25% like rate for every post. I have about a 80 % like rate on every post. Hmmmmm. I think you don't measure up. But I have to hand it to Ya. You do type a lot!

LOL. The "like" argument.

Let's look from a logical standpoint; a great deal of my posts were before the like system.

Nice try.

Reactions: 1 person
Thing is, all the teams getting the calls their way lost this weekend.

Not from the lack of trying. The Bama facemask call was blatant. Ole miss should have beaten Bama by two scores. The fla ut game delay of game was obvious on the kick. It was at least a 2 count after the ball was snapped for the fg. The protocol is that the ref looks at clock, then looks at the ball. The ref must of had adhd on that one.

Seems like it's getting worse, especially the past couple of games.

With the playoff system, we are talking immense pressure on all the conferences. Lots of money up for grabs. Corruption could run rampant in officiating. I just hope that all officiating has some checks and balances in place before we start being in the mix for national championships.

I thought they were gonna hose Ole Miss on that last int. They tried, but it would've been too obvious if that one hadn't been overturned.

Me too. It was a little bit of anxiety occurring during the review. I thought no way the refs can reverse this, but they did try. That's the scary part.

It's really going to blow your mind when you come to the realization that college football is now little more than reality TV presented by espn. The refs aren't corrupt and they're not blind. They're doing exactly what they're paid to do.

Eyes on TVs is all that matters.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back