George O'Leary accused of racist statements

"Ferraro was hired as defensive coordinator at UCF in December and left the program before spring practice. The suit alleges he was fired without cause. The school maintains he resigned. The suit asks for damages in excess of $15,000, including unpaid wages. Ferraro signed a two-year contract for $220,000 annually in December, according to a copy of the contract attached to the suit."

Not much in the article to confirm it or rule it out. I think I'll wait until some facts are made public before any of my ire is leveled toward o'leary. He does have some credibility issues in the past, that is for sure.

He was with him at Tech and didn't say anything?
O'Leary just turned racist?

I'm with you, sour grapes.

Reactions: 2 people
Funny how it's always a white man accused of racist comments. Never here anything about a black man being racist.

Reactions: 3 people
I could be wrong, but wasn't that what got him ousted @ georgia tech? I can't quite remember what the scandal was about now.

Thinking back on it maybe it was just that he was too hard on them or something... I remember it being a bit of a scandal.

Funny how it's always a white man accused of racist comments. Never here anything about a black man being racist.

I here everyone at Tech exclaimed, "We don't use that word around hear. Ever here of it?"

O'Leary used the word "here" incorrectly.

At any rate, if you've never hered of a black man being called a racist, that's typical. It's unhered of. But, hear's the thing. Anyone can be a racist. You here me?

Reactions: 4 people
I here everyone at Tech exclaimed, "We don't use that word around hear. Ever here of it?"

O'Leary used the word "here" incorrectly.

At any rate, if you've never hered of a black man being called a racist, that's typical. It's unhered of. But, hear's the thing. Anyone can be a racist. You here me?

Aww that's cute. Grammar Police.

Not much in the article to confirm it or rule it out.

Huh?

"The university's Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action office found the allegations to be untrue.

"None of the individuals alleged to have been the subject of, or to have overheard, these supposed statements corroborated Mr. Ferraro's claims.

It has been investigated by the campus group that believe me generally looks for this stuff and has standards of guilt well below a court of law.

Sounds like the university sure has ruled it out. Having seen how the type offices operate in universities I'd say if they didn't find anything thing; there isn't anything.

Huh?

It has been investigated by the campus group that believe me generally looks for this stuff and has standards of guilt well below a court of law.

Sounds like the university sure has ruled it out. Having seen how the type offices operate in universities I'd say if they didn't find anything thing; there isn't anything.
I'm sure SMUs investigative in house team wishes everyone would have listened to their findings about paying athletes back in the 80s. I'm always a lil skeptical of in house investigations. But by no means am I saying coach o'leary did anything wrong. The race card gets played early and often in America these days.

VN Store

Back