Hypothetical East scenario

VolForLife83

If we beat USCjr and win the rest of our East games, could that put us in the seccg? Or do we need UGA to lose to another eastern team

First year watching football??

We still have to beat ole miss and bama and have ga lose another sec game.

If we beat USCjr and win the rest of our East games, could that put us in the seccg? Or do we need UGA to lose to another eastern team

I'm assuming you are conceding an Alabama loss and we'd be 6-2 in the SEC with 1 East loss and 1 West loss.

We'd be 6-2 in conference if we won one of the west games; UGA would have to lose another SEC game.

If we lost both west games, we'd be 5-3 and need UGA to lose another 2 games...and South Carolina to lose another as well.

I was thinking back to the year that we backed our way in when Ga beat us, but they lost to Fla. Which we beat

We'd be 6-2 in conference if we won one of the west games; UGA would have to lose another SEC game.

If we lost both west games, we'd be 5-3 and need UGA to lose another 2 games...and South Carolina to lose another as well.

We would need GA to lose 3 more games. At 5-3 for both teams, GA would win the tie breaker.

If the first tie breaker is head to head regardless of divison record then UGA would have to lose 2x. If we're both 6-2 and they beat us it's theirs. If it's divison record first then we need UGA to lose an East game while we only lose to Bama. So we'd both be 6-2 with us being 5-1 in the east and them 4-2 in the East. I don't recall the tiebreaker rules and don't feel like looking them up.

If the first tie breaker is head to head regardless of divison record then UGA would have to lose 2x. If we're both 6-2 and they beat us it's theirs. If it's divison record first then we need UGA to lose an East game while we only lose to Bama. So we'd both be 6-2 with us being 5-1 in the east and them 4-2 in the East. I don't recall the tiebreaker rules and don't feel like looking them up.

See the post right above yours.

Just out of curiosity, what's the tiebreaker if three teams have the same conference record? I thought it used to be the highest ranked team in the bcs, but now that it no longer exists I have no clue.

Georgia's possible losses are at Mizzou, at Arkansas, and against Auburn. I see UGA going 2-1 or 1-2 in that stretch. Their schedule is relatively favorable though. They can easily run the table if that team ever realizes its potential.

Just out of curiosity, what's the tiebreaker if three teams have the same conference record? I thought it used to be the highest ranked team in the bcs, but now that it no longer exists I have no clue.

Three-Team Tie (or more)
If three teams (or more) are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order: (Note: If one of the procedures results in one team being eliminated and two remaining, the two-team tiebreaker procedure as stated in No. 1 above will be used):
A. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams
B. Record of the tied teams within the division
C. Head-to-head competition against the team within the division with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place)
D. Overall Conference record against non-divisional teams
E. Combined record against all common non-divisional teams
F. Record against the common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division; and
G. Changed: Combined SEC record of the team’s cross-divisional opponents

Reactions: 1 person
To further illustrate how crazy the East is, consider that if not for a poorly-defended 4th down in the 2nd overtime against Florida, Kentucky would be in the driver's seat in the SECE right now.

To further illustrate how crazy the East is, consider that if not for a poorly-defended 4th down in the 2nd overtime against Florida, Kentucky would be in the driver's seat in the SECE right now.

UK beats USCe. Please.

VN Store

Back