Clemson @ Florida State

roddo518

Coach
They get to the 4 inch line and are still in the shotgun. Of course the snap goes over the qbs head. Third and goal from 20. Stupid. A high school coach wouldn't of done that, and I know because I was one.

Of course, a missed fg afterwards. Unreal. Announcers are saying the poor kicker in this situation, but what about dabo not being called out for putting him in that situation. He knew the kid missed earlier from shorter range. If you can't qb sneak from the 4 inch line twice and score or pound it in with FB lead your team is so weak. Another instance of college coaches trying to be cute.

17-10 Clemson. (I don't see a game thread?)

17-10 Clemson. (I don't see a game thread?)

I looked for one but didn't see it. I was hot because I don't care much for fla teams and hate to see a team lose a chance to win because of poor play calling.

They get to the 4 inch line and are still in the shotgun. Of course the snap goes over the qbs head. Third and goal from 20. Stupid. A high school coach wouldn't of done that, and I know because I was one.

Yeah what an idiot! He's almost as dumb as general Neyland running single wing on 4th and short!

I yelled at them for that and having a single back spread formation. I mean you have a true freshman qb in.

By the way, what if they just put in Winston anyway? What's to stop them from doing so? Or put him in if they go to overtime and say welp we just meant 4 quarters

Yeah what an idiot! He's almost as dumb as general Neyland running single wing on 4th and short!

No, general neyland would have punted on third down. It was always about field position back in those days. Thus the 7 to 6 ball games.

No, general neyland would have punted on third down. It was always about field position back in those days. Thus the 7 to 6 ball games.

Same principle. You don't like them taking a deep snap. Yet plenty of successful coaches have been doing it since the dawn of football.

There's no thread for this?

A Clemson DB just fell down and FSU tied it with 6 minutes left in the game.

Can't wait to hear how great FSZ is if they pull this off. Defenders falling down. Coming up empty twice at the goal line. Clemson just handing it to them.

Same principle. You don't like them taking a deep snap. Yet plenty of successful coaches have been doing it since the dawn of football.

Are you seriously arguing that most coaches would have not been under center on 2nd and goal from the 4 inch line? If you are, I can't help your thought process. I have actually coached in very competitive hs games. You always play the percentages which has also been done since the dawn of football. Most great coaches would limit the chance of a bad play that close. Try not to pass that close or toss it on a sweep, etc. But I guess I should give dabo a pass, he has won so many big games, he said sarcastically.

Are you seriously arguing that most coaches would have not been under center on 2nd and goal from the 4 inch line? If you are, I can't help your thought process. I have actually coached in very competitive hs games. You always play the percentages which has also been done since the dawn of football. Most great coaches would limit the chance of a bad play that close. Try not to pass that close or toss it on a sweep, etc. But I guess I should give dabo a pass, he has won so many big games, he said sarcastically.

I'm not arguing that most coaches would stay deep, but I'm saying there's nothing wrong with that. Be who you are. Single wing was one of the earliest offenses. So since the dawn of football, teams have been taking deep snaps on 4th and short. Nothing wrong with at all. It actually gives you a numbers advantage in the short running game.

VN Store

Back