Auburn being Auburn... (Stealing signals)

I have no problem with that as long as it occured during the course of the game and not pre-game spying. If an opponent is smart enough to figure out signals then that's simply capitalizing on an advantage IMO. Maybe my ethics meter is broken.

My HS baseball coach was always trying to steal pitch signals as do most others. Unfortunately I think he was wrong more than he was right haha.

Didn't UT say they stole Cal's signals a few years ago?

Probably need to establish a better system if people from Auburn can figure it out

Reactions: 5 people
I think the item lurking underneath is that teams who are adept at stealing signals are sometimes going to greater lengths to do so than just watching during a game. Maybe too far to be sporting. See Belicheck and Patriots.

I think the item lurking underneath is that teams who are adept at stealing signals are sometimes going to greater lengths to do so than just watching during a game. Maybe too far to be sporting. See Belicheck and Patriots.

And consider this is the second allegation in 9 months.

I've never understood why people complain about this. If I figure out your signals, that's more on you.

Reactions: 1 person
And consider this is the second allegation in 9 months.

My point. And Bill Snyder is not known to be a slouch as a coach so I highly doubt their signals were that easily hacked. Their team also played Auburn tough. Hats off to him for recognizing it and making the change necessary.

What do you mean? Sending signals is done out in the open; if I watch and figure it out, then your signals suck.

You are making an assumption they sucked. What if Auburn was recording their practices or the like? Again when a team becomes adept at breaking multiple teams codes it can touch to more than just basic binoculars and a spy during game day.

You are making an assumption they sucked. What if Auburn was recording their practices or the like? Again when a team becomes adept at breaking multiple teams codes it can touch to more than just basic binoculars and a spy during game day.

Why are you assuming Auburn recorded their practices? What proof is there of that?

Why are you assuming Auburn recorded their practices? What proof is there of that?

Because this is the second allegation in 9 months. It doesn't sound as simple as watching the damn sideline cards.

Given Auburn's historical disregard for following the rules it suggests a more premeditated and systemic approach to gaining a competitive advantage.

VN Store

Back