Georgia starting safety just got ejected

Yes and Troy's offense is really exposing Georgia's secondary in this opening drive. Looks like we can have some success if our OL holds.

I hate Georgia as much as everyone else but that was bs...Sorry.

Not true. The rule is changed this year that if the helmet makes forceful contact with the opposing player's helmet, it is targeting. Definitely made forceful contact. Knocked the guy's head back.

It looks like we could score at will on Georgias secondary. The game next week is at 12 o'clock as well and I can see how flat they are today. I guarantee they will be more excited when we come to town.

Why? You don't like the rule or the way it was enforced?

Most of the targeting calls are absolute bs. It's football for goodness sakes. The hit Janzen Jackson put on the unc player in the music city bowl years ago would have been a legitimate targeting call.

Since it was in the first half he will still be able to play vs UT.

There playing a non-scholarship player now.

Knew I'd get flamed...I don't like how far they've taken the rule. I understand ejecting a player for launching and making violent head to head contact but come on. I also understand how the rules have changed so I guess it was a good call...I just don't agree with how far they've taken it. Flame away.

Most of the targeting calls are absolute bs. It's football for goodness sakes. The hit Janzen Jackson put on the unc player in the music city bowl years ago would have been a legitimate targeting call.

I'm trying to figure out if you don't like the rule or you thought it was not targeting as defined and enforced. Sorry, but unless you have lived in a cave for the last couple of years, something had to be done. It's football, but they did not teach targeting when they played with leather helmets and no face masks.

from the Troy game for targeting.

I've tailgated with the UGA ilk. They love games like this, where they can get nasty drunk knowing a win is coming. If they could play Troy, Gardner Webb, GA Southern, William and Mary, Northeastern Michigan, South Alabama, Fresno State(the hard one), Colorado State, Chattanooga, Bowling Green, Buffalo, and La Tech....that would be the perfect schedule for Dawg fans. They want to know they will win BEFORE the game...otherwise they are nervous. And when they run that 'gauntlet' undefeated they will pull a Dooley and wonder why the nation does'nt believe they 'are for real'. Screw UGA.

Just to make sure I'm caught up on the rules he won't be able to play next weekend ?

VN Store

Back