Iowa @ Pittsburgh (12:00 ET on ESPNU)

unconventional
I'm sure more people will be watching the VT/GT game but I live near Kinnick and always watch the Iowa games. And as always, I'm sure Iowa will play poorly only to pull out a close win that they had no business winning.

With that being said... go Pitt. :ermm:

Nothing says you're fine with mediocrity like keeping Kirk Ferentz after all these years of doing nothing.

lol

What happened was, they were ready to fire him and the fans had completely turned on him. He only had a had a couple years left. But then he came out and had a really good season. So instead of firing him, they gave him like a 7 year contract extension for 4 million a year. His buyout I'm pretty sure is 75%(3 million a year) which would cost them like 15 million for his remaining contract if they were to fire him. Iowa basically keeps him for that reason. They aren't the type of program that can afford to buy out his ridiculous contract and then go out and pay for another expensive coach. They basically shot themselves in the foot when they were previously ready to fire him a few months earlier.

lol

What happened was, they were ready to fire him and the fans had completely turned on him. He only had a had a couple years left. But then he came out and had a really good season. So instead of firing him, they gave him like a 7 year contract extension for 4 million a year. His buyout I'm pretty sure is 75%(3 million a year) which would cost them like 15 million for his remaining contract if they were to fire him. Iowa basically keeps him for that reason. They aren't the type of program that can afford to buy out his ridiculous contract and then go out and pay for another expensive coach. They basically shot themselves in the foot when they were previously ready to fire him a few months earlier.

Is their AD a relative of Mike Hamilton? I remember when Ferentz was assumed to be on the short list for many NFL teams (for what reason idk).

lol

Makes me laugh everytime I hear it.

Reactions: 1 person
Touchdown... Pitt just shredded the shiz out of em' on that drive.

That was just an insane catch.

Not sure if it should have been PI or if it was just lock down D. But defender smothering him didn't prevent the Iowa player from going up and taking it away from him. That was a very good catch.

And did anyone see the int earlier.

Iowa could actually be good if they tried to recruit.

I think they do, but it's Iowa... who wants to live in Iowa? Those kids want to go play on warm weather, big cities, beaches etc. Iowa has hot summers and freezing winters. And essentially nothing to do. Which makes sense that Iowa was voted the #1 party school this past year. All people do here is party, drink and toke for fun. Unless you want to go to a mall, movie, bowl or eat out. I mean, there's nothing special here other than the culture. I like the culture of Iowa City/Coralville. Everyone is polite and it's a city but it's not a big city. I'm not big on big cities. Also, Iowa City was rated like 20th in the country in economic growth and top 10 in smartest places to live. Iowa isn't for everyone but it's really not bad other than the weather. A few weeks ago it was like 90 degrees and a few days later like 50 degrees. Iowa... who knows.

I think they do, but it's Iowa... who wants to live in Iowa? Those kids want to go play on warm weather, big cities, beaches etc. Iowa has hot summers and freezing winters. And essentially nothing to do. Which makes sense that Iowa was voted the #1 party school this past year. All people do here is party, drink and toke for fun. Unless you want to go to a mall, movie, bowl or eat out. I mean, there's nothing special here other than the culture. I like the culture of Iowa City/Coralville. Everyone is polite and it's a city but it's not a big city. I'm not big on big cities. Also, Iowa City was rated like 20th in the country in economic growth and top 10 in smartest places to live. Iowa isn't for everyone but it's really not bad other than the weather. A few weeks ago it was like 90 degrees and a few days later like 50 degrees. Iowa... who knows.

I actually like medium sized cities also. I just moved from Sacramento to Aberdeen, and I love it here! Lot less crime. I wouldn't want to go to a big city school.

James Connor is a beast! One of the best. Reminds me of Rudi Johnson.

Go Hawks !!

Pitt is making some crazy plays. This would probably be tied if not for some of these crazy plays.

Did you see that interception earlier? It would have been a touchdown(imo) for Iowa if the ball didn't fly out backwards as he tried to haul it in. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Here's the int that Iowa probably would have scored a td on if he could've hauled it in.

Crazy Pittsburgh interception on iowa - YouTube

For some reason it won't let me embed it. It's just [youtube]link[/youtube right? I intentionally left off the ]

make sure it's "https://" rather than just "http://"

I think Freak said some fixes a while back changed it.

I guess he just chose to keep it like that, though, for whatever reason.

Pitt's QB is pretty insane at throwing on the run as he scrambles.

Both starting QBs from Tennessee.
Pitt's Voytik from Cleveland. Iowa's Beathard from BGA.

Go Hawks!!

Iowa just grinding it. They're probably one of the best teams at doing it.

Did Rudduck get hurt or was he benched? Other QB looks pretty dang good.

He would have had the first down if they didn't drag him back and he continued to press forward to get some back. Should be short.

And completely off topic...

12 Iowa receivers have catches and they have rushes by 4 different players, none of which are the two QB's that have played. Iowa just letting everyone play today I guess.

VN Store

Back