I didn't know "Dawgs" could read...

So am I supposed to be laughing at the fact that his school system failed him, or the fact that he busted his ass to truly better himself in college, or that he is completely approachable and isn't a d*ck to people who stop and talk to him randomly?

Great story.

As much as I hate UGA, I will be pulling for him when he isn't playing UT.

I think those of us with a sense of humor know what you meant. Some on here are all to quick to get serious when a joke is just a joke.

It is a neat story.

He didn't exactly make it clear he was joking or his intent, and it's pretty easy to pull the "I was just joking" after you get a negative response.

Reactions: 2 people
So am I supposed to be laughing at the fact that his school system failed him, or the fact that he busted his ass to truly better himself in college, or that he is completely approachable and isn't a d*ck to people who stop and talk to him randomly?

School systems fail most people these days. It's truly a joke. You're better off teaching yourself. Anybody expecting the school system to teach them everything they need to know are behind the eight ball.

Great success story and inspiring! Many of us could probably afford to put down the remote and pick up a book more often, no matter our reading level.

All too often these young men are glorified or crucified simply because of what they do or don't do 12x a year on a ball field. This story brings things back into perspective. I still want to win and hate losing, but the older I get it's stories like this that make me proud of student-athletes as much as W's and L's do. This is what life, college etc is all about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back