More disturbing Vanderbilt news

Let me see if I understand this right:

In the last year, Vanderbilt has had two alleged rape incidents involving football players. Yet, the author makes the point that this is a Division 1 "football culture" issue? The f***!? She's impugning other universities, their athletic programs, alumni, and fans, because of 2 incidents at Vandy and 1 at FSU? She lost me...

The author is trying to push an agenda with this piece without offering any sort of evidence other than "football players are treated too well by universities."

Sexual assault in college is a problem, yes, but let's not blame it on football.

It seems that this Division I football culture contributes to the breeding of players who dehumanize women. I’ve frequently heard about male athletes glorifying “hooking up” with as many women as possible. Many players even tease teammates who are in committed relationships for being “soft” or less masculine. In other words, some of these young men view women as objects that are merely ornaments to further bolster their image, as opposed to caring for and respecting them.

Yes, because only athletes partake in this behavior.

Vandy still being in the SEC is disturbing! Maybe the SEC could trade them to the ACC for Georgia Tech. :rock:

The system for dealing with this and the either prevalence or perceived prevalence is getting out of hand. Makes me so thankful I'm happily married and not a college student in the dating scene. Sounds scary for both guys and gals.

By this I mean sexual assault, accusations and rape. This author is trying to hack at one tree in a forest and make it seem like the tree is the forest.

Reactions: 1 person
The system for dealing with this and the either prevalence or perceived prevalence is getting out of hand. Makes me so thankful I'm happily married and not a college student in the dating scene. Sounds scary for both guys and gals.

By this I mean sexual assault, accusations and rape. This author is trying to hack at one tree in a forest and make it seem like the tree is the forest.

It sounds like Vandy's s*it smells also. So Vanderbilt isn't clean and superior over all the SEC like their fans act like it is.

there were various reasons why JF got the hell out, and I've discussed various coverups at Vandy as my business and personal life puts me right in the middle of them almost on a daily basis. I'm 100% confident JF knew about the rapes in the wee hours of the morning, and it was covered up from the get go.

Reactions: 2 people
there were various reasons why JF got the hell out, and I've discussed various coverups at Vandy as my business and personal life puts me right in the middle of them almost on a daily basis. I'm 100% confident JF knew about the rapes in the wee hours of the morning, and it was covered up from the get go.

I'm a little biased, but he's gotta be one of the sleaziest coaches in the country. I would be disgusted if he represented my program.

Reactions: 1 person
The article has comments from Vandy's two and only fans. Pretty much what I'd expect from a Vanderbilt fan.

This is full of crap, how dare you write this and accuse our football players of being rapist or a contributer to the rape culture on campus. These women disrespect themselves get pissy drunk and act slutty in their words "just want to have a little fun" if you want to talk about football players let's talk about these frat guys who disrespect pissy drunk girls and have their way sexually with them. These girls act like animals when they get intoxicated and pretty much ask to be treated the way they do.

Too bad the NCAA probably wont Penn State type penalties on Vanderbilt.

I mean they need to change leadership on their own. I also realize Franklin recruited some low character kids. They can initiate change without the pan-zee NCAA. Their character is a big 👎

VN Store

Back