SEC Hotseat Rankings

i think the list is very accurate. I don't understand Pinkel being up there, but i guess he's established a long career there in Mizzou and deserves a bit of respect. See also, SEC Championship game last year. :)

Swap Butch Jones and Dan Mullen and it's hard to argue. Butch is no where near any kind of hot seat but neither are any of the others below # 6. Might could put Richt ahead of Butch since they are constant underachievers but they still win a lot of games.

Reactions: 2 people
There are really only two coaches on the hot seat in the SEC: Mason and Muschamp, and Mason is arguable considering he could theoretically turn the season around. I also think he will be 100 percent safe with a 4-8 season.

Everyone else is safe. You could maybe make a case for Mullen, but he's about as good as MSU is ever going to do.

i think the list is very accurate. I don't understand Pinkel being up there, but i guess he's established a long career there in Mizzou and deserves a bit of respect. See also, SEC Championship game last year. :)

Pinkel is an outstanding coach and does more with less.

Pinkel's job more secure than Malzahn's? Lol. Malzahn could have any job he wanted right now with one phone call.

Reactions: 1 person
Could argue that Saban should be hotter than some. But I agree only Muschamp and Mason are the only ones feeling any heat right now.

i think the only one in any sort of hot seat is Muschamp. He needs to pray for healthy players. everyone else gets another year.

Richt is going to get "Fulmered" 9-10 wins without a championship is getting old to UGa fans.

I'd put him right behind Muschamp

I know who's #1 on my list.

The seat, the seat, the seat is on fire.

We don't need no water, let the.....

Not that anyone cares, but here's my list...
1. Will Muschamp, Florida
2. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt
3. Bret Bielema, Arkansas
4. Dan Mullen, Mississippi State
5. Mark Stoops, Kentucky
6. Mark Richt, Georgia
7. Butch Jones, Tennessee
8. Gary Pinkel, Missouri
9. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina
10. Hugh Freeze, Ole Miss
11. Les Miles, LSU
12. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M
13. Gus Malzahn, Auburn
14. Nick Saban, Alabama

Mason and possibly Muschamp are the only coaches that are in ANY danger of getting canned. Personally, I don't think any coaches in the SEC get fired.

Richt is going to get "Fulmered" 9-10 wins without a championship is getting old to UGa fans.

I'd put him right behind Muschamp

Yep. Caught some of the Finebaum show on the SEC Network after work yesterday during the 'rant' section, and some of the dawg fans that called in were frothing at the mouth over Richt losing to the OBC...yet again. Particularly since UGA had been in some pundits early talk of being one of the final four teams. I mean one of those callers was spitting fire at Richt. Even Finebaum, douchebag that he is, seemed taken aback.

I seriously think 13 names on the list are safe.

the successful won't be touched and the others of the 13 haven't been at the school long enough to be canned. Mason won't be fired.

I mean one of those callers was spitting fire at Richt. Even Finebaum, douchebag that he is, seemed taken aback.

and THAT ladies and gentlemen is another reason we hate georgia. Those fans are "We're going to go 15-0" every year until the first loss and then they're all.

"OUR PROGRAM'S GOING IN WRONG DIRECTION, DAWGS MUST FAAAHR MARK RICHT"

hilarious if it wasn't so sad. 11 wins a year average and they are foaming at the mouth.. Stupid, stupid fans...

Would love to beat Florida this year but then see them win 10 or so games. Just enough to keep Muschamp a little longer.

Richt isn't going anywhere and that''s just fine with me.

2016 could be a big year for us.

Why would stoops be up there? He's doing good things up there for uk..

No clue why Richt isn't higher.

It's a predictable load of garbage. All they did really was go from 14-1 in pecking order and give their worthless grade. There's no way Butch is 5th hot seat in the SEC. There's no way of knowing who has the hottest seat. But if I had to guess, it's 3 main guys. Richt, Mullen and Mushmouth..not in that exact order, but the only one's I see as being on a hot seat. You might even throw Spurrier in there as well but there's no way in my mind the HBC gets fired at SC. Some of the rest of these guys are 1st and 2nd year guys.

VN Store

Back