Observations from Gainsville

I went to the UK UF game this weekend and three things really suprised me.

1. It is cheaper to drink in Jacksonville/Gainsville than anywhere else on the planet ($21 Johnny Walker Blue)

2. There isn't a more backwards part of the world than the 301 highway between the two cities I mentioned above.

3. The crowd couldn't have been more gracious in victory after the game, I was probably stopped (no exaggeration) 35 times between leaving my seat and getting to my car and someone came up to me congratulating me on my team's effort.

:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
The crowd couldn't have been more gracious in victory after the game, I was probably stopped (no exaggeration) 35 times between leaving my seat and getting to my car and someone came up to me congratulating me on my team's effort.

I actually heard this too. I usually hear really bad things about UF fans, and lots of joking about them, but nice to see them have a little decency. They have plenty of reason to trash talk after 28 straight years.

I actually heard this too. I usually hear really bad things about UF fans, and lots of joking about them, but nice to see them have a little decency. They have plenty of reason to trash talk after 28 straight years.

Yeah, I was hoping to hate all of them but they were all nice.

Except the trolls on SDS

I went to the UK UF game this weekend and three things really suprised me.

1. It is cheaper to drink in Jacksonville/Gainsville than anywhere else on the planet ($21 Johnny Walker Blue)

2. There isn't a more backwards part of the world than the 301 highway between the two cities I mentioned above.

3. The crowd couldn't have been more gracious in victory after the game, I was probably stopped (no exaggeration) 35 times between leaving my seat and getting to my car and someone came up to me congratulating me on my team's effort.

:hi:

I grew up in that area and any FL HWY that starts with a "3" has pine trees and the side streets are sand.

The only problem in most stadiums are the drunk students and you do not want to be a visitor sitting next to the student section.

Fans are always nice to opposing fans when they beat you so many years in a row. Backhanded compliments after a win mean nothing

Fans are always nice to opposing fans when they beat you so many years in a row. Backhanded compliments after a win mean nothing

I would say you're right most years but unlike most every other game in the last 28 years they knew after the game that both teams were about equal - a few breaks go the other way and UK wins. Even in years that UK has kept it close it was different this year because it wasn't a fluke and most of the fans I was sitting around recognized that.

I would say you're right most years but unlike most every other game in the last 28 years they knew after the game that both teams were about equal - a few breaks go the other way and UK wins. Even in years that UK has kept it close it was different this year because it wasn't a fluke and most of the fans I was sitting around recognized that.

I was pulling so hard for you guys. You deserved that win

All you guys needed was one more break to go your way. We needed a few (maybe even more than a few), you needed only one.

Trust me. We've been on the same end as well to a few teams the last several years

Which is worse in regards to the program? 28 years in a row by UK, or the 9 years for UT? I'm not around UT people irl to get a good feel for how truly embarrassing it is.

For a football school, 9 is extremely embarrassing. We find a way to lose, somehow every single year.

For a football school, 9 is extremely embarrassing. We find a way to lose, somehow every single year.

What is it in the last 28 years? Seems to me UF has won at least 3/4 of those or so. I wasn't around for quite a few of those but just in my head I only remember 3 or 4 wins by UT in my life.

What is it in the last 28 years? Seems to me UF has won at least 3/4 of those or so. I wasn't around for quite a few of those but just in my head I only remember 3 or 4 wins by UT in my life.

Yeah, they've pretty much owned us from 1990's forward

I take it for granted Alabama is going to smack us around like a red headed step child

I think odds heavily favor them. Our offense is anemic, Driskel is pitiful, and there are demonstrable holes in our pass defense which can be exploited.

The only thing we really have going for us is that if this season so far has proven anything its that everybody is vulnerable.

I take it for granted Alabama is going to smack us around like a red headed step child

Almost purchased tix on stubhub before KY game LMAO.

UT will be the only game road game I'll make this season. May sell SC tix below
value just to recoup some money.

Its cheap to drink in Florida pretty much everywhere. Great place to be an alcoholic

VN Store

Back