Ga.- Chubb

My god they are loaded at tail back. UGA has 4 5* RB's on their current roster!!!

Chubb has made a splash for the Bulldogs in his first season. A former 5-star prospect from Cedartown, the 5-foot-10, 228-pounder has rushed for 104 yards on only eight carries. His 13.0 yards per carry average leads the SEC.

Chubb shares rushing attempts in a backfield that includes a Heisman Trophy candidate in Todd Gurley (164.5 ypg) and two other former 5-star prospects in Keith Marshall and Sony Michel

Nick Chubb to have surgery on monday.anybody know why?GBO

I was telling a Ga fan at work I thought he was the best Rb. He reminds me of Travis Henry and a faster Jamal Lewis. I did not know he got hurt. I see now he may not miss much playing time, which I never wish anyone seriously hurt, just maybe the TN game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I know this favors the vols but you hate to see any injury. Prayers to him and his family on a speedy recovery in his young career.

Reactions: 3 people
My god they are loaded at tail back. UGA has 4 5* RB's on their current roster!!!

Yep, we had it easy last year with Gurley out and Marshall going down during the game. They will run the ball against us...whether we like it or not.

Marshall has disappeared from their lineup, Chubb is now out. No wonder we began seeing a lot of Michel the 2nd half of the USCe game.

Yep, we had it easy last year with Gurley out and Marshall going down during the game. They will run the ball against us...whether we like it or not.

They will try. AJ and the boys may have something to say about that. :)

Reactions: 4 people
13 yards/carry?? Goodness..

Attempts - Yards - Average - Long - TDs

1st QUARTER 2 10 5.0 12 0
2nd QUARTER 1 1 1.0 1 0
3rd QUARTER 2 36 18.0 23 0
4th QUARTER 3 57 19.0 47 1

Those big stats are coming later in the game, so I want to see a lot more first half action before I crown him a monster. Of course, with his line, I'm sure that's not inconceivable.

2nd QUARTER 1 1 1.0 1 0

Those big stats are coming later in the game, so I want to see a lot more first half action before I crown him a monster. Of course, with his line, I'm sure that's not inconceivable.

It is the same for most great running backs. They want to get a lead in the first half, then pound it in the 2nd half.

I expect the game plan on defense to be similar to OU. Gurley is the difference though, he is a real beast.
I totally agree. Gurley will not go down easy or quit, we'll have to get him on the ground every play, start to finish. Richt and the Dawg faithful now realize what a really mediocre coach he is. You don't tell the world and actually have a Heisman type RB with the game on the line, 1st down after a huge turnover, the ball inside the 5 yard line, and take the ball out of his hands, put it into a relatively inexperienced 5th year RS QB's hands ..maybe one of the dumbest things Richt/Bobo has ever done .... they tried to be cute, well they earned their tutus ...

Reactions: 2 people
I doubt if Chubb's thumb will be well enough for him to see action against the VOLs. Gurley on the other hand, is to good to be shut out but the VOLS (using the scheme they used against the OU running game) can limit some of his explosiveness. I really like our chances if we can keep Gurley under 100 yards. Georgia would be wise to not overlook the VOLS.

Bring 'em. Georgia is a strange anomaly to me in this regard: by all accounts and from everything that I have ever seen Richt is class. However, Georgia fans AND their players are the most punk-arse, thug, swirled with elite prep school mentality into a putrid snow cone that I have ever witnessed. They've never had a close game or loss that wasn't the ref's fault and year in and year out they prove to be the stronger of talent, yet weakest of mind/character of any conglomerate of fan/team that I have ever bore witness to or had the pleasure of seeing fail. They will not know what hit them on their punk field this year. It will be ugly and I HOPE that Gurley stays healthy until that moment.

Reactions: 4 people
Bring 'em. Georgia is a strange anomaly to me in this regard: by all accounts and from everything that I have ever seen Richt is class. However, Georgia fans AND their players are the most punk-arse, thug, swirled with elite prep school mentality into a putrid snow cone that I have ever witnessed. They've never had a close game or loss that wasn't the ref's fault and year in and year out they prove to be the stronger of talent, yet weakest of mind/character of any conglomerate of fan/team that I have ever bore witness to or had the pleasure of seeing fail. They will not know what hit them on their punk field this year. It will be ugly and I HOPE that Gurley stays healthy until that moment.

That was beautiful.

Reactions: 2 people
I expect the game plan on defense to be similar to OU. Gurley is the difference though, he is a real beast.
Oh GAWD. Seriously? Beast or not he is Georgia. That means weak in character and devoid of mental toughness. He's biding his time until draft day and THAT is going to be what gets its bell rung OVER and OVER less than two weeks from now. Then, all we will hear for another year is how "if it weren't for those damn refs we'd have another championship."

2nd QUARTER 1 1 1.0 1 0

lol watch him run the ball. Chubb is a monster

I agree UGA's team is full of thugs, and have been the proud winner of the Fulmer Cup that used to come down to FL and TN each year, but Gurley is a class act. You never hear anything bad about Gurley. Kid's a beast and I have nothing but respect for him. Richt is a class act, but I don't think he's that great of a coach. He's had some ridiculously talented teams but has never been able to win a championship with all that talent. I do think they got themselves a very good d-coordinator with Jeremy Pruitt, but they look vulnerable in the secondary. Should be a good, competitive game in a couple weeks and hopefully we can pull off the upset. I bet Pig would like to get a little redemption from that fumble in OT, and I'm looking for him to have a big game.

I don't think so! Our D is in shut down mode. They just need some help. We cannot punt 8 times like we have in our first 3 games (only 7 in Ark st)and continue to not give the D rest.

VN Store

Back