Who will be Florida's new football coach if Muschamp gets fired after this season?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
It will be interesting to see who Florida will go after if Muschamp is gone after this season which I expect him to be. I could see them making a push for Charlie Strong considering the ties he has in Florida. What do you guys think?

Kiffin. He's the only coach I've seen who can lay an egg everywhere he goes and still climb the ladder. I bet if he jumped head first into a barrel full of d1Cks he'd come out with a boob in his mouth.

Reactions: 25 people
I think Charlie Strong should've stayed at UL for another season. Of course he had no way of being completely sure, but even when he took the Texas job he had to have known Muschamp probably wouldn't make it through 2014. Strong would've done a great job at Florida IMO.

It will be interesting to see who Florida will go after if Muschamp is gone after this season which I expect him to be. I could see them making a push for Charlie Strong considering the ties he has in Florida. What do you guys think?

Strong won't leave Texas....Unless he is fired

I wonder if Art Briles would leave Baylor...

Florida can't, or rather won't pay Charlie Strong enough to leave Texas. He's guaranteed $5 million a year with at least a $100K increase every year and with an additional $900K in bonuses. And if they terminate him without cause, he's guaranteed the remainder of his salary. But he doesn't have a large buyout... Having said that to say this, if I were Strong, I'd tell UF where they could go and what they could do with themselves when they got there after he was passed over by them when Muschamp was hired.

My money would be on them making a play for Tim DeRuyter, Ruffin McNeill or Ken Niumatalolo.

I wonder if Art Briles would leave Baylor...

Doubt it. Wasn't he Texas's top choice? If he turned them down I don't think he'd leave for UF either.

Personally, I don't think Muschamp is going anywhere after this season is over.

Doubt it. Wasn't he Texas's top choice? If he turned them down I don't think he'd leave for UF either.

Personally, I don't think Muschamp is going anywhere after this season is over.

I don't know. He seems pretty Dooleyesque to me.

Not sure about Briles and Texas, I didn't really keep up with their search.

Depending on the season Miss St has, I could see Dan Mullen in the conversation.

It would never happen, but it's not hard to imagine Bob Stoops name being thrown around.

Charlie Strong is completely off the table. Not going to happen.

Normally there's a surprise name that pops up.

the Hugh Freeze mention is pretty intriguing. I could see both Egg Bowl coaches getting pulled away

It doesn't really matter if they get a gem since it seems to have no bearing on stomping us every year.

VN Store

Back