Virginia-BYU

Dave1967

Virginia plays BYU in Provo this Saturday. How do y'all think it will go? I think BYU wins 42-28. I'm more scared of playing UCF in Orlando on Oct 9th than I am of Virginia. I think BYU will finish 11-1 and be stuck playing in a toilet Bowl.

And if BYU does go 11-1 and ends up playing in a lower tier bowl it will be due to strength of schedule. And since they chose to become independent, it's their own fault.

And if BYU does go 11-1 and ends up playing in a lower tier bowl it will be due to strength of schedule. And since they chose to become independent, it's their own fault.

It's the same problem BYU had in the late 70s-80s. BYU is pretty much playing a Mountain West schedule. I think BYU may be stuck playing in the new Miami Beach Bowl.

UVA's defense is strong and fast. I think it will be a close game. Don't sleep on the Wahoos in this one. They are playing with a lot of confidence this year. They are a much improved version of the team that beat BYU last year in Charlottesville.

Reactions: 1 person
I think BYU would love an invite to the B12. I think they'd be a pretty good fit, but right now the B12 doesn't appear to be interested in adding 2 more teams.

I think BYU would love an invite to the B12. I think they'd be a pretty good fit, but right now the B12 doesn't appear to be interested in adding 2 more teams.

I've heard rumors that they may reenter the Mountain West. BYU's name I believe has been raised in possible future PAC 10 expansion. BYU would be a good invite since Utah is already in the PAC 10.

I've heard rumors that they may reenter the Mountain West. BYU's name I believe has been raised in possible future PAC 10 expansion. BYU would be a good invite since Utah is already in the PAC 10.

I found this article and I happen to agree withthe author. I know it's Bleacher Report (bad reputation) but I think the writer makes valid points, especially since the Research University argument has come up before.

Brigham Young University Not Wanted in Pac-10 Due to Discrimination | Bleacher Report

Last edited:
I found this article and I happen to agree the author. I know it's Bleacher Report (bad reputation) but I think the writer makes valid points, especially since the Research University argument has come up before.

Brigham Young University Not Wanted in Pac-10 Due to Discrimination | Bleacher Report

I think it's most likely that BYU will rejoin the Mountain West. BYU would win it every season and the fans would be happy to go to the Holiday,Poinsettia or Las Vegas Bowl every season.

It's the same problem BYU had in the late 70s-80s. BYU is pretty much playing a Mountain West schedule. I think BYU may be stuck playing in the new Miami Beach Bowl.

BYU's problem is finding big time programs to play them. During the TX game the announcers said that many AD's have said they won't play them as an OOC game because they don't see them as a national opponent so it's a lose-lose in their opinion. If they lose they feel it's detrimental and if they win they view it non differently then beating Furman. They want OOC opponents where a win is guaranteed or an opponent where a loss is still considered "acceptable" and not a major setback.

BYU's problem is finding big time programs to play them. During the TX game the announcers said that many AD's have said they won't play them as an OOC game because they don't see them as a national opponent so it's a lose-lose in their opinion. If they lose they feel it's detrimental and if they win they view it non differently then beating Furman. They want OOC opponents where a win is guaranteed or an opponent where a loss is still considered "acceptable" and not a major setback.

I'd love Tennessee to do a home and home series with BYU.

VA is a good football team. They had a good chance at beating UCLA in week 1 (iirc) and gave up a lot of defensive touchdowns to the Bruins.

Personally, I thought the smart move for the Big 12 would have been to add BYU in football and Notre Dame in all other sports rather than adding West Virginia.

Personally, I thought the smart move for the Big 12 would have been to add BYU in football and Notre Dame in all other sports rather than adding West Virginia.

BYU is rather good in basketball and have gone to the NCAAs the last few seasons.

BYU is rather good in basketball and have gone to the NCAAs the last few seasons.

I agree, but BYU's refusal to play any sports on Sundays makes it difficult for their Olympic sports to fit in a power 5 conference.

VN Store

Back