Arky St. forced to remove crosses from their helmets

Tributes have been done in other ways with no problems. I'm sure they will still remember and memorialize the player and equipment manager by putting their names on the jersey or helmet. I agree with the decision they've made to look at other options of recognition.

Reactions: 6 people
I guess there werent crybabies back in 1965 --- Halfway through the 1965 season the team added a black cross on top of the “T” on the helmet to commemorate the death of three of the team’s assistant coaches. In addition to the cross on the helmet, white numbers were added to the shoulders. The Vols had this on their helmets

Reactions: 3 people
Tributes have been done in other ways with no problems. I'm sure they will still remember and memorialize the player and equipment manager by putting their names on the jersey or helmet. I agree with the decision they've made to look at other options of recognition.

They did not make that decision, someone else did.

Yay, so great when we can't think for ourselves.

Reactions: 3 people
You can always think for yourself. You just can't think for others. I think that's the issue. Just guessin' here.

You can always think for yourself. You just can't think for others. I think that's the issue. Just guessin' here.

Unless you're a close minded freedom hating stick your nose in other people's business person, like you.

Then it is perfectly fine to force your beliefs on others.

Unless you're a close minded freedom hating stick your nose in other people's business person, like you.

Cool. You have decided what type of person I am. Not bad. I'm not close minded in the least, but many on here are. Son, I fought for your freedom probably before you were ever born. It's not sticking your nose in other people's business when it concerns things outlined in the constitution. Not everyone wants to see a cross or Christmas tree on every corner. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers, was just posting an opinion.

I don't believe Sly to be the person you're describing at all, though I do disagree with him in this instance. If the players/team made this decision (and each player had the choice to apply the decal to their helmet or not) then it seems this would be okay.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't believe Sly to be the person you're describing at all, though I do disagree with him in this instance. If the players/team made this decision (and each player had the choice to apply the decal to their helmet or not) then it seems this would be okay.

Thanks. I said the right decision was made because they were facing a long, and perhaps losing, uphill battle legally. You need to cruise through the Zone from time to time an perk it up.:)

Thanks. I said the right decision was made because they were facing a long, and perhaps losing, uphill battle legally. You need to cruise through the Zone from time to time an perk it up.:)

I probably should. It's been a while, but I always enjoyed the conversations in the Zone... much less confrontational. :hi:

Cool. You have decided what type of person I am. Not bad. I'm not close minded in the least, but many on here are. Son, I fought for your freedom probably before you were ever born. It's not sticking your nose in other people's business when it concerns things outlined in the constitution. Not everyone wants to see a cross or Christmas tree on every corner. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers, was just posting an opinion.

And not everyone wants to be told how to memorialize their friends. It's not going to kill you if someone else decides they want to use the Christian cross. It's not going to kill anyone if someone decides that want to use the Jewish star. Or anything else.

The team wasn't doing it. Select players chose to do it. It wasn't forced upon anyone.

People complain because they know they can get away with it and ruin it for other people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back