South Alabama upsets Mississippi State

gatorhater1509

Eat More Gator
As some of you know, I'm a student at MSU (great meteorology school) and hearing "Hail State" 300x a day and hearing how they're going to win the SEC has really made me grow a disdain for their football team. Which is why I will be hardcore rooting for the Jaguars to upset MSU. Looking beyond by bias, I honestly believe it can and will happen and this is why:

First of all, I understand team's have good games and bad games. It's entirely possible MSU played horrible and UAB played their best game of the year. While I might be putting too much stock in simple stats to predict an upset, there are factors that go against MSU, IMO. No deep analysis here, just a couple observations...

MSU's secondary got absolutely torched by UAB in the passing game (435 yards and 548 total yards)...enough said.

USA will not be intimidated by playing an SEC team. Obviously after what happened in Neyland last year.

This is USA's first time hosting an SEC team and it is sold out. While there might be quite a few State fans there, and their stadium only holds about 40,000, the excitement is high in Mobile. It would be huge for their program to knock off an SEC team only having been a member of FBS for two years.

Next week MSU will receive a warm welcome from death valley...at night. If they are looking ahead, they will be in trouble.

Prediction: MSU 27 USA 29

Everyone at MSU be like :thud: :cray:

Why does State still travel to these places? They've been to Lousiana Tech, Troy, Memphis, Houston, and now South Alabama in the past few years.

Reactions: 1 person
As some of you know, I'm a student at MSU (great meteorology school) and hearing "Hail State" 300x a day and hearing how they're going to win the SEC has really made me grow a disdain for their football team. Which is why I will be hardcore rooting for the Jaguars to upset MSU. Looking beyond by bias, I honestly believe it can and will happen and this is why:

First of all, I understand team's have good games and bad games. It's entirely possible MSU played horrible and UAB played their best game of the year. While I might be putting too much stock in simple stats to predict an upset, there are factors that go against MSU, IMO. No deep analysis here, just a couple observations...

MSU's secondary got absolutely torched by UAB in the passing game (435 yards and 548 total yards)...enough said.

USA will not be intimidated by playing an SEC team. Obviously after what happened in Neyland last year.

This is USA's first time hosting an SEC team and it is sold out. While there might be quite a few State fans there, and their stadium only holds about 40,000, the excitement is high in Mobile. It would be huge for their program to knock off an SEC team only having been a member of FBS for two years.

Next week MSU will receive a warm welcome from death valley...at night. If they are looking ahead, they will be in trouble.

Prediction: MSU 27 USA 29

Everyone at MSU be like :thud: :cray:

MSU will be torched by all the big teams on their schedule.

Why didn't you go to UT?

They don't have geosciences as a major and there aren't any universities in the state that offer meteorology. :banghead2: MSU isn't that far away and they have one of the best met schools in the country.

VN Store

Back