Dooley to SMU?

SGMVols

Sophomoric Member
There are reports that he's seriously under consideration. I guess one death penalty wasn't enough...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 41 people
If Dooley managed to land that job, I don't know what's more amazing:

1) Dooley can suck at La-Tech, lead UT to its worst stretch in history, have numerous reports about his lack of work and recruiting, and STILL get a NCAA head coaching job

OR...

2) Lane Kiffin can ruin the Oakland Raiders, screw over Tennessee by setting that program back 3 years in one, underachieve and be fired by USC, and still somehow be hired by the greatest current college football coach in the nation.

I mean, guys like these are what give trailer trash hope to be President one day.

Reactions: 42 people
I would love to play a home game with a Dooley coached team. How sweet it would be to curb stomp his ass! I get pissed every time I see the guy on TV. Can't believe I supported him.

Reactions: 8 people
SMU must be preemptively self-imposing sanctions for any violations they may commit in the future. Five years from now if they're caught for paying players, all they have to say is, "but we hired Dooley."

Reactions: 12 people
There are reports that he's seriously under consideration. I guess one death penalty wasn't enough...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

First time I've liked one of your posts :)

That was great :lolabove::eek:lol:

I don't understand all this hate for a guy who just wasn't a good coach, people act like he beat their kids with a baseball bat or something. When he just wasnt ready to coach a big time program but that doesn't mean he cant learn and improve.

Reactions: 13 people
I don't understand all this hate for a guy who just wasn't a good coach, people act like he beat their kids with a baseball bat or something. When he just wasnt ready to coach a big time program but that doesn't mean he cant learn and improve.

Sal Sunseri...knowwutimsayin?

Reactions: 3 people

Terrible coach and a prick, bad combo. Eff him.

Reactions: 7 people
Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID · 1h
Rumors that Derek Dooley is high on SMU's coaching list. I'm 100% in favor of this hire. He didn't win, but damn Dooley was funny.

Reactions: 2 people
SMU must be preemptively self-imposing sanctions for any violations they may commit in the future. Five years from now if they're caught for paying players, all they have to say is, "but we hired Dooley."

He will have the "cleanest" program in the NCAA. No fungal infections at SMU.

Seriously?

It's pretty tough to stomach a guy who was totally incompetent as a coach and yet acted as arrogant as he did.

Listening to him constantly throw our players under the bus after a loss combined with his inability to recruit people like Vonn Bell or a single OL in an entire class left a pretty bad taste for lots of folks.

Reactions: 7 people
If Dooley managed to land that job, I don't know what's more amazing:

1) Dooley can suck at La-Tech, lead UT to its worst stretch in history, have numerous reports about his lack of work and recruiting, and STILL get a NCAA head coaching job

OR...

2) Lane Kiffin can ruin the Oakland Raiders, screw over Tennessee by setting that program back 3 years in one, underachieve and be fired by USC, and still somehow be hired by the greatest current college football coach in the nation.

I mean, guys like these are what give trailer trash hope to be President one day.

If by "trailer trash" you mean the smooth-talking sons of successful fathers, I agree whole heartedly.

VN Store

Back