penn st

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
NCAA releases them from bowl ban. Sorry if posted already. Didn't see it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well they had to do something to try and get a B1G team in the playoff. Bogus call if you ask me.

So...is it extremely coincidental after the worst weekend in Big 10 history that Penn St now is allowed to play in the postseason? Lol

Reactions: 3 people
That's all these guys are talking about. How Penn st is needed by the big10, and their chances of being undefeated for the playoffs.

Penn State will still suck for the next 3-4 years. It's not like you can just bounce back from losing countless scholarships for the past 3 years.

NCAA also pretty crafty for dropping this info out on a day dominated by NFL news. Trying to pass it through without much notice. The NCAA is a pointless institution at this juncture. They're policies mean very little and their standards are as corrupt as any major fortune 500 company.

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't agree with the sanctions in the first place, but the NCAA looks weak coming out now and eliminating the sanctions. Just another day at the corrupt, worthless NCAA.

The NCAA also dropped their defense of the lawsuit over the 60 million dollar fine they imposed. So that money is now under the State of Pennsylvania's discretion.

While the timing seems suspect following the B1G's disastrous weekend, I actually think it is a coincidence. The NCAA simply doesn't want to lose another massive lawsuit on the heels of the O'Bannon case.

Reactions: 1 person
So...is it extremely coincidental after the worst weekend in Big 10 history that Penn St now is allowed to play in the postseason? Lol

This announcement has been in the works for awhile, well before this weekends events and came at the suggestion of the Senator Mitchell who's overseen the monitoring team. Doubt he gives 2-****s if the B1G has a team in the playoffs.

This announcement has been in the works for awhile, well before this weekends events and came at the suggestion of the Senator Mitchell who's overseen the monitoring team. Doubt he gives 2-****s if the B1G has a team in the playoffs.

Well, if that's true why do it today, wait a week or two. Right after the big 10 destroy their chances of a playoff berth just looks too suspicious.

The school should be punished. Not the kids playing currently that had nothing to with what happened.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, if that's true why do it today, wait a week or two. Right after the big 10 destroy their chances of a playoff berth just looks too suspicious.

Like I said, they NCAA basically backed off on all of the PSU punishments, including the money that was tied up in court.

I feel pretty confident in saying that the Emmert didn't wake up Sunday morning thinking "The Big Ten just had a terrible day. I better get our lawyers on the phone and bail on the legal proceeding we've been fighting for over a year."

VN Store

Back