Will Spurrier retire if SC is 6-6 or worse?

Dave1967

Will Steve Spurrier retire if South Carolina finishes 6-6 or worse? USC isn't a good team this season and very well could start off 0-3(East Carolina won 10 games in 2013).

I think so. I don't think he has the same intensity as he use to. It's like the rapper Eminem. He lost his fire.

I think so. I don't think he has the same intensity as he use to. It's like the rapper Eminem. He lost his fire.

Hopefully that would mean that Tennessee could go and grab quite a few recruits in South Carolina.

The OBC will retire when he wants to retire. I'm not sure there's any particular record that will motivate that decision.

Reactions: 3 people
Depends on who they hire. The best thing that can happen for UT is GT firing Paul Johnson.

If GT only wins 6-7 games this season Paul Johnson will be canned(IMO). There are starting to be a lot of p*ssed off GT fans. CPJ is an a&&hole and a lousy recruiter(too many years at Navy).

If GT only wins 6-7 games this season Paul Johnson will be canned(IMO). There are starting to be a lot of p*ssed off GT fans. CPJ is an a&&hole and a lousy recruiter(too many years at Navy).

They should be. HE SUCKS! You guys can do so much better. A good ACC program in a talent rich state.

They should be. HE SUCKS! You guys can do so much better. A good ACC program in a talent rich state.

No kids want to come to GT and play in CPJ's wishbone offense. I'll be glad when GT is running a 21st century offense.

A losing season this season at SC would be his first losing season coaching college football since 1987(3-7-1 at Duke).

True. I don't think he'll be any worse than 8-4. I honestly don't know how SC fans will react to a losing year.

True. I don't think he'll be any worse than 8-4. I honestly don't know how SC fans will react to a losing year.

They were like whining little spanked kids(online) in the late 90s and mid 2000's when they were pretty bad.

I could see Spurrier going out "on top" if they beat Clemson again this year. Or he might retire if they lose to them. Who knows.

A losing season this season at SC would be his first losing season coaching college football since 1987(3-7-1 at Duke).

And he's had three straight 11 win seasons the three years before this. They're not going to can him for one meh season.

Reactions: 2 people
When Steve Spurrier retires CFB will lose one of it's greatest ever coaches. Love him, hate him, or don't care one way or the other; it's undeniable he's built two collegiate powerhouse football programs in his lifetime. True Hall of (de)Famer, world record vizor stomper and headphone flinger should have everyones respect as a great developer of talent and gameday coach.

Reactions: 6 people
Will Steve Spurrier retire if South Carolina finishes 6-6 or worse? USC isn't a good team this season and very well could start off 0-3(East Carolina won 10 games in 2013).

USCe isn't losing to ECU just because they got spanked by a very good A&M team.

Take a look at their schedule and see who all they'd have to lose to for a 7 or 8 loss season.

And he's had three straight 11 win seasons the three years before this. They're not going to can him for one meh season.

I asked if He was going to finally retire if He had a losing season. I didn't ask if he was going to be fired which he wouldn't be.

I asked if He was going to finally retire if He had a losing season. I didn't ask if he was going to be fired which he wouldn't be.

Sorry, I thought the post was implying it.

It'd be very rare for a coach to just up and retire because he had his first losing season. Usually they tend to stick around until there's outside pressure for them to not coach anymore.

I doubt any W-L record has an impact on his decision. He can coach at USC as long as he wants. It would take multiple years of atrocious records(which would never happen) for them to even contemplate firing him for more than 1 second.

Reactions: 2 people
I do think this year will take a lot out of him. He looked so deflated in interview after the game. I almost felt sorry for him, but remembered all the smartarse remarks he made when he was at Florida, and snapped out of it. Like "you can't spell citrus bowl without ut in it". I always wanted Fulmer to say, "well, you can't spell Florida university without a fu in it".

VN Store

Back