God awful coaches..

volbrawler

Since we still talk about Dooley and Kiffin, do you think Alabama talks about DuBose, Franchione, and Shula? Or do you think it's hard for them to discuss coaches they've never heard of?

Reactions: 14 people
Sry, but I could care less what they talk about.

Edit: Thanks for everyone who spell checked my post. Now only if my phone did as good of a job as y'all do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Was going to say basically the same thing. Most of the Bama fan base can not name 1 coach between Gene Stallings and Nick Satan! And most of them forget that 10 yr stretch where they were just awful.

Reactions: 6 people
Dubose, Franchino, and Shula is over a decade old. Kiffin/Dooley is a lot more recent. Plus, our recovery isn't complete. Once we are contending again the K/D memories will fade.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately, the effects of K/D aren't in our rear view mirror yet, some of them are still in front of us. But as we all know CBJ is doing the right things on and off the field to put that all behind us.

Since we still talk about Dooley and Kiffin, do you think Alabama talks about DuBose, Franchione, and Shula? Or do you think it's hard for them to discuss coaches they've never heard of?

No! because they consider themselves a successful program lately, so they don't focus on the bad parts of the past.

They focus on the present and on the near future....

Once we start to win again, all of the mentions of Butch Davis, Kevin Sumlin, Trooper Taylor, Gabe Wright, Sal Sunseri, Muschamp, Dooley, Kiffin, DeAnthony Arnett, etc. will not be mentioned again.

Reactions: 1 person
No! because they consider themselves a successful program lately, so they don't focus on the bad parts of the past.

They focus on the present and on the near future....

Once we start to win again, all of the mentions of Butch Davis, Kevin Sumlin, Trooper Taylor, Gabe Wright, Sal Sunseri, Muschamp, Dooley, Kiffin, DeAnthony Arnett, etc. will not be mentioned again.

I remember when Vol fans loved Trooper....he was a players coach, chest bumping, backward hat,....funny how people now make fun of him

well we all know that Shula set up whats his name and Lamooley who ?

and wasn't that a hell of a lot of TV coverage for a offensive coordinator ? poor ole what's name had to go and stand beside him to get on TV :)

Last edited:
Those three have nothing on Dools.

DuBose won an SEC Championship.
Francione had a winning record each season and won 10 games his last year.

Shula was not good, but he did have the one year with 10 wins and a top 10 ranking to finish the season.

Reactions: 2 people
This is a prime example of bandwagon fans. I loathe them with a passion. The number of Alabubba stickers and front license plates I see in the Nashville area is just sickening. I challenge them with the coaches question regularly when I see them. Most fail. I also ask them what their relationship is to the University. If they went there, had family that went there, etc. Most of them have no connection other than they choose to put that ugly crap all over their car because all the cool hip people are picking them. <throws up in mouth>

/rant

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back