AP top25

Wezcoast

Only two real gripes. How the hell is Georgia below Auburn and aTm below anyone outside the top 5? That's just crazy.

Edit* - Crap, I didn't notice the thread already started about this.

Why does it matter? The AP Poll has no bearing on anything bowl or playoff related.

What about Condoleezza Rice??

Makes me angry that she has an opinion on the college football playoff. She was the secretary of state in the second worst administration ever. There are better qualified people's opinions out there than her.

Makes me angry that she has an opinion on the college football playoff. She was the secretary of state in the second worst administration ever. There are better qualified people's opinions out there than her.

Racist and sexist post is racist and sexist.

Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully we will get there at some point this season.

Clemson and South Carolina don't even deserve to be ranked.

Racist and sexist post is racist and sexist.

If it was a woman football person, I would not care at all. I don't think race of the person matters if they are qualified. The best doctor in the country Dr. Ben Carson is African American. If we needed someone who knew how to deal with foreign nations, then maybe we can ask her. When it comes to football, she's no better than Vol fans wives.
There are people 10x more qualified to tell us who the best teams are. Do you actually think she knows schemes and what attributes a successful football team? I sure don't.

Reactions: 2 people
Please tell, what exactly was racist or sexist in that post? I'm a fan of football too! My credentials are about in par with hers in that regard,

Just curious, do you have an issue with Tom Jernstedt or Lt. Gen Michael Gould being on the committee?

Reactions: 1 person

Agreed.

If it was a woman football person, I would not care at all. I don't think race of the person matters if they are qualified. The best doctor in the country Dr. Ben Carson is African American. If we needed someone who knew how to deal with foreign nations, then maybe we can ask her. When it comes to football, she's no better than Vol fans wives.
There are people 10x more qualified to tell us who the best teams are. Do you actually think she knows schemes and what attributes a successful football team? I sure don't.

How do you know what her credentials are? I don't know, so I won't defend them, nor will I attack them. I will say she is probably more intelligent then anyone on this board and I am confident she can figure this out pretty quick if necessary.

Last edited:
You...

And you...
Please tell, what exactly was racist or sexist in that post? I'm a fan of football too! My credentials are about in par with hers in that regard,

It was a joke, did i need blue font?

I have no problem with her being on there, just because she's a woman doesn't mean she cant watch football and tell who the best teams are, she's a life long football fan. Are yall upset that she's a woman or are you afraid she's Bama or Stanford biased?

Lol. There are male members on the committee with less credentials than her...yet no one is questioning their membership.

That my friend, makes you a sexist.

Reactions: 2 people
How do you know what her credentials are? I don't know, so I won't defend them, nor will I attack them. I will say she is probably more intelligent then anyone on this board and I am confident she can figure this our pretty quick if necessary.

Same here. I think she was probably chosen a bit because of her name and for some publicity but the fact is the woman is a genius or pretty darn close to it. She's just as qualified as a military guy who was on the academy team 40 years ago, a sports writer and a guy whos been involved with basketball his entire career. There are enough football guys on the committee that they'll get it right. Can't see guys like Barry Alvarez or Tom Osborne saying "well we wanted to put UT in the playoff but Condi convinced us the undefeated Sun Belt team was a better choice."

Lol. There are male members on the committee with less credentials than her...yet no one is questioning their membership.

That my friend, makes you a sexist.

I'll question their credentials to. Almost everybody on this forum is a lifetime football fan. Insane to me. Football turns into politics here we come. I think the playoffs should be the top four in the coaches poll. The coaches know more about their game than anyone else.

I don't think Condi is a genius because her foreign policy execution was a failure. Whoever said true genius is not recognized until they die is correct, like Vincent Van Gogh.

I'll question their credentials to. Almost everybody on this forum is a lifetime football fan. Insane to me. Football turns into politics here we come. I think the playoffs should be the top four in the coaches poll. The coaches know more about their game than anyone else.

Are you serious? The coaches have all have personal financial stakes in the outcome. Their opinions are biased to the greatest extent possible.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you serious? The coaches have all have personal financial stakes in the outcome. Their opinions are biased to the greatest extent possible.

If they were extremely biased, every team would be tied for #1 because they only get one top 25 set vote. Every coach would be voting for their own players in the AA also if that was the case.

VN Store

Back