Suspended game is time served for Gators

VFL21

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida's season opener was suspended on Saturday, but it turns out one long night of rain, lightning and delays was punishment enough for three Gators players who had been suspended.

Florida coach Will Muschamp said the three suspended players "handled a lot of other things for me" during their not quite one-game suspension.
Coach Will Muschamp announced on Monday that starting defensive tackle Darious Cummings, wide receiver Demarcus Robinson and defensive tackle Jay-nard Bostwick will play this Saturday against Eastern Michigan.

Cummings, a senior, and Bostwick, a redshirt freshman, had been suspended for a violation of team rules, while Robinson was being disciplined for what Muschamp called a university sanction.

"They will be back this week with us," Muschamp said. "Not just as far as the suspension of a game, but they've handled a lot of other things for me, as well as Demarcus Robinson, who had a university sanction that's been resolved."

Muschamp had announced the suspensions just hours before the opener against Idaho.
Florida coach Will Muschamp reinstates three suspended players after opener is washed out - ESPN

Last edited:
I'm anxious to see our Gator friends defend this. Shouldn't a one game suspension involve a game that was played?

If the game was against a team that might give florida a hard time I would have a problem with it but Eastern Michigan won't even be a game for em. I think he should have suspended them for the first half of the game.

So does the players who were suppose to miss the first game get a freeby? They were sayin something on the animal about it but I missed it.

Didn't Kevin Sumlin and A&M do the same thing in 2012 with like 2-3 players who were suspended for their season opener against Louisiana Tech?

Something like, since the Louisiana Tech game was moved, they were cleared for their next game against Florida and would later served their suspension when A&M played Louisiana Tech later in the season?

Patiently waiting for GV15 to chime in with a well mistimed Urban Meyer and/or Aaron Hernandez reference.

Will Muschamp lashes out at critics of Florida Gators suspensions - ESPN

200_s.gif

Seriously though, This is a joke. You lift the suspension because you didn't play the game because for some insane reason that's what logically makes sense? It's not even really about how it will impact the game, or the fact that it's Florida, you levied a one game suspension and then didn't bother to enforce it, that's bush league.

VN Store

Back