most impressive so far

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
Just watching some of all the big boys so far, Texas A&M has been the most impressive to me. I know its early and a lot of teams will change, but wouldn't surprise me to see them win the sec.

Gurely as an individual maybe, but I meant as a team.

UGA is legit.

Not a passing threat but enough to make you respect it.

They win the east if they stay healthy.

Definitely UGA with a healthy Gurley. I will never again sleep on Sumlin or A&M though. If you got into a points race they'd be hard to keep up with.

There will be a lot of SEC bashing after this weekend though.

Along with a servicable defense, Gurley automatically makes UGA a top 10 team. He can score anytime he touches the ball. Not many players can do that

Reactions: 1 person
There will be a lot of SEC bashing after this weekend though.

Why? Who lost that was supposed to? Texas A&M looks much stronger than anticipated, Georgia rolled Clemson, Bama wins, Auburn looks good, LSU won, Mizzou won, Ole Miss looks good, Miss state and Kentucky won. Outside of Vandy's loss and a disappointing showing by South Carolina, the SEC looks like itself.

Why? Who lost that was supposed to? Texas A&M looks much stronger than anticipated, Georgia rolled Clemson, Bama wins, Auburn looks good, LSU won, Mizzou won, Ole Miss looks good, Miss state and Kentucky won. Outside of Vandy's loss and a disappointing showing by South Carolina, the SEC looks like itself.

A lot of teams looked beatable. Aside from A&M and UGA several teams either looked poor or looked like they could be beat. You know the talking heads and rival fans from other conferences love to talk about SEC looking imperfect even when they do win.

I guess you could argue that Alabama didn't look that good in their win and SC looks to be down somewhat this year. Other than that, I think everyone is about where we expected or slightly better (A&M). I do think Ole Miss is a little overrated. Of course we haven't seen UT of Florida yet.

Seriously! There was a ton of hype around him and he hasn't shown up.

Too much hype but he is going to be a good back, basically you had 3-5 guys on every snap that never really even played in a college game before... it was definitely a learning experience for the team.... when he got the ball not even OJ Simpson could knife his way through there. :)

Melvin Gordon was impressive, until they no longer gave him the ball.

Last edited:
You know....

Everyone talks about UGA, UGA, UGA....

I still just have a feeling that no matter how good they look, they are going to do something to screw up their chances at a championship, or something will happen. Either they will drop a close game to someone (hopefully us!), or Gurley will get hurt, or something will happen to where they once again just don't make it.

They never truly make me believe they'll win the SEC championship. They haven't in 10 seasons. And it's not because they haven't had the talent to do it.

I don't know. I mean, I believe that they are a legitimate team to beat us and anyone else sure. But I would be shocked, and I do mean absolutely shocked if they won the SEC, and if they made the playoffs. They just have the Fulmer curse about them, and I mean the 2005-2008 Fulmer, not the 90's Fulmer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back