Prediction (SEC) for your Team.

LSU-SIU

There was thread last year about prediction for your SEC team/s, so I figured why not another one. I have two teams, feel free to predict your team's record.

LSU
Bad - QB position is a complete unknown with only 1 start among all the QBs, lost 3 QBs to transferring as well. A complete unknown. WR corp really only has 1 guy with experience and he has 7 catches in his career but plenty of good freshman.

Good - Defense should be improved, matter of fact, I would say at the end of the year they might have been the best, even though at the beginning they were just okay. OL is solid with tons of experience.

Wait and See - RBs, only 4 scholarship RBs, LF is of course the talk of the town but even if he is awesome, only 4 RBs on roster and LSU typically needs 5-6 backs in the rotation. All the freshman on O need to deliver.

Prediction - I am in the same range as last year, 3-4 losses. Just too many players leaving early for the draft to keep up every game.

Tennessee
Good - Similar situation, lots of young guys need to setup. I think they will be improved. Good recruits are now in the system. Last years schedule was brutal, this year still tough but not as bad as last year.

Bad - I really haven't seen a real identity to the team yet, if they find that identity I could see my prediction being way off.

Prediction - To me it comes down to the Ole Miss game, if they can win that game it will really set the season up well. I would not be surprised by a big upset... maybe the Bama game after they play TAM. I am predicting 4-5 losses but much improvement.

UF goes 8-4.

Losses to Bama, FSU, UGA and LSU.

UGA wins the East, gets blasted by (insert any SEC West team other than Ole Miss or Arkansas) in the SEC title game.

Bama:

Bad - the shifting status of the QB situation. But more concerning than that, for me, is the cornerback spot. The coaches never settled on a permanent starter opposite Belue last year. Now that Belue is gone, Bama is going into the WVU game starting two converted WRs at corner. This does not instill confidence.

Good - the running game should be fine.

Prediction - I've been predicting one loss all offseason. I'll stick with that.

There was thread last year about prediction for your SEC team/s, so I figured why not another one. I have two teams, feel free to predict your team's record.

LSU
Bad - QB position is a complete unknown with only 1 start among all the QBs, lost 3 QBs to transferring as well. A complete unknown. WR corp really only has 1 guy with experience and he has 7 catches in his career but plenty of good freshman.

Good - Defense should be improved, matter of fact, I would say at the end of the year they might have been the best, even though at the beginning they were just okay. OL is solid with tons of experience.

Wait and See - RBs, only 4 scholarship RBs, LF is of course the talk of the town but even if he is awesome, only 4 RBs on roster and LSU typically needs 5-6 backs in the rotation. All the freshman on O need to deliver.

Prediction - I am in the same range as last year, 3-4 losses. Just too many players leaving early for the draft to keep up every game.

Tennessee
Good - Similar situation, lots of young guys need to setup. I think they will be improved. Good recruits are now in the system. Last years schedule was brutal, this year still tough but not as bad as last year.

Bad - I really haven't seen a real identity to the team yet, if they find that identity I could see my prediction being way off.

Prediction - To me it comes down to the Ole Miss game, if they can win that game it will really set the season up well. I would not be surprised by a big upset... maybe the Bama game after they play TAM. I am predicting 4-5 losses but much improvement.
My last name with a g is what we doing! Go vols !

Well, I might need to alter my prediction already :) LSU suspends at least three players that I know of and Dupre did not travel to Houston due to injury. I give a slight edge to the Badgers for tonight's game.

- Elliot Porter (Starting Center - Suspended)
- Rashard Robinson (Starting CB - Suspended)
- Maquedius Bain (2nd String DT - Suspended)
- Malachi Dupre (1st/2nd String WR - Injured did not travel)

Bama:

Bad - the shifting status of the QB situation. But more concerning than that, for me, is the cornerback spot. The coaches never settled on a permanent starter opposite Belue last year. Now that Belue is gone, Bama is going into the WVU game starting two converted WRs at corner. This does not instill confidence.

Good - the running game should be fine.

Prediction - I've been predicting one loss all offseason. I'll stick with that.

You forgot Kiffin.

Kentucky

Good: We have a lot of young talent all over the field. We finally have some big receivers and a deep core of running backs. On defense we have some experienced players who can lead a young group of guys.

Bad: inexperience at a lot of skill positions will hurt us in big games. If the qb struggles early then it will be a rough year. Injuries to a few players to start the season might slow us down. And of course a rough schedule, although it's certainly easier than some years.

Prediction: 5-7. I think we can beat all our out of conference opponents and beat Vandy. We have a shot at Msu and mizzou too. I think the losing streak vs UF continues and we get pounded by UT before beating Louisville.

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky

Good: We have a lot of young talent all over the field. We finally have some big receivers and a deep core of running backs. On defense we have some experienced players who can lead a young group of guys.

Bad: inexperience at a lot of skill positions will hurt us in big games. If the qb struggles early then it will be a rough year. Injuries to a few players to start the season might slow us down. And of course a rough schedule, although it's certainly easier than some years.

Prediction: 5-7. I think we can beat all our out of conference opponents and beat Vandy. We have a shot at Msu and mizzou too. I think the losing streak vs UF continues and we get pounded by UT before beating Louisville.

Things are on the right track for your cats. Watchin them now and the young talent is very obvious. Hoping we see the same thing out of our guys this year.

Well, I might need to alter my prediction already :) LSU suspends at least three players that I know of and Dupre did not travel to Houston due to injury. I give a slight edge to the Badgers for tonight's game.

- Elliot Porter (Starting Center - Suspended)
- Rashard Robinson (Starting CB - Suspended)
- Maquedius Bain (2nd String DT - Suspended)
- Malachi Dupre (1st/2nd String WR - Injured did not travel)

That's my new favorite alphabet soup name. :rock:

That's my new favorite alphabet soup name. :rock:

LOL.

As for my prediction, I am sticking with it but probably moving to the 4 loss category based on Saturday's game as to LSU. I believe Tennessee is improved but would like to see them more in the coming weeks.

LSU clearly has too many young guys with basically no experience in there to compete for a championship this year. I think the SEC is going to be super crazy this year.

UF goes 8-4.

Losses to Bama, FSU, UGA and LSU.

UGA wins the East, gets blasted by (insert any SEC West team other than Ole Miss or Arkansas) in the SEC title game.

Sorry, but I don't see UGA getting blasted by anyone in the West.

So far, they look like the best team in the SEC period.

2nd Week, if anyone wants to discuss.

LSU - Playing about 75% FR, RSFR, and SO. I believe 16 of the 23 2014 recruits played last night, many with significant playing time in the 1st half. Overall, I feel my prediction is okay, getting some guys back from suspension. Very impressed by Freshman Darrell Williams, would not doubt he passes Fournette at some point in the season, very tough runner. Overall, the team lacks experience and junior and seniors, but many of the true freshman weapons look legit on offense including Quinn, Dupre, and Williams. My problem with Fournette is he looks much like Keiland Williams, runs very straight up but at this time he might not be a every down back.

Vols - Same kind of goes for the Vols, young and look improved. Worley looks very good, my concern with the Vols is the OL mostly in the running game.

My predictions based on what I've seen so far:

SEC East:

Georgia
Missouri
Tennessee
South Carolina
Florida
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

SEC West:

Auburn
Texas A&M
Alabama
tie for 4th between LSU and Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Arkansas

Auburn beats UGA in SECCG

SEC East:

Georgia
Missouri
Tennessee
South Carolina
Florida
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

SEC West:

Auburn
Texas A&M
Alabama
Mississippi State
Arkansas

SC had looked like the worst of all SECE teams not named Vandy.

SC had looked like the worst of all SECE teams not named Vandy.

I'd hold off on that judgment. Mizzou hasn't played anyone of note yet. Same could be said of UF and UK as well. UT has the advantage of playing a couple of teams that have proven themselves to be capable, albeit not what many would consider formidable foes.

Problem with the cupcake games at the beginning of the season is it's hard to tell how someone will do in their SEC matchups.

I'd hold off on that judgment. Mizzou hasn't played anyone of note yet. Same could be said of UF and UK as well. UT has the advantage of playing a couple of teams that have proven themselves to be capable, albeit not what many would consider formidable foes.

Problem with the cupcake games at the beginning of the season is it's hard to tell how someone will do in their SEC matchups.

True.

Just going off performance without factoring in competition.

True.

Just going off performance without factoring in competition.

Right now, only a couple of teams have proved what they are capable of. I mean, it's not hard to run up the score against South Dakota State.

A&M, UGA, LSU and maybe Bama and Ole Miss are the only teams so far that have won against traditional power teams. I say Ole Miss only because of the second half in the Boise game when they came alive. Bama might even drop since nobody is really sure how well WV will perform this year. LSU I'm still on the fence about in SEC play, but they will still be a team to beat.

Next week will be extremely telling for UT, Mizzou, Arky, USCe and UGA. Maybe even for UK and UF.

Right now, only a couple of teams have proved what they are capable of. I mean, it's not hard to run up the score against South Dakota State.

A&M, UGA, LSU and maybe Bama and Ole Miss are the only teams so far that have won against traditional power teams. I say Ole Miss only because of the second half in the Boise game when they came alive. Bama might even drop since nobody is really sure how well WV will perform this year. LSU I'm still on the fence about in SEC play, but they will still be a team to beat.

Next week will be extremely telling for UT, Mizzou, Arky, USCe and UGA. Maybe even for UK and UF.

Kind of a strange season so far in my eyes, very hard to tell how teams are doing.

The East... I think Georgia looks solid and UT is definitely improved.... hard to tell with Florida.

The West is going to be the Wild Wild West this I think... not completely sold on TAM's D.

SEC East:

Georgia
Missouri
Tennessee
South Carolina
Florida
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

SEC West:

Auburn
Texas A&M
Alabama
Mississippi State
Arkansas

I wonder if they are handing out a free pack of Kool-Aid with this prediction..... :haha_oh:

I think another week and we are starting to get a better picture of the SEC. Based on what I have seen so far, I would have to say Bama is the most consistent team in the SEC so far, to me its just a matter of whether they can defend a few spread/fast tempo team. The East I am actually starting to like UT even though they lost to OU. I am still curious as to the Mississippi teams as well in the West.

LSU to me is way too young especially in key positions on offense, basically freshmen are being counted on to lead them to victory, not sure that works throughout the year.

Breakdown of TDs scored by LSU this year by class rush/receiving:
Seniors: 3
Juniors: 0
Sophomores: 4
Freshmen: 8

Passing, all 6 passing TDs are from Jennings or Harris, Sophomore and true freshman. Another concern I have is the RB position, not sure Fournette is the guy, especially if he doesn't run North and South in SEC play.

The only 2-point conversion was caught by a true freshmen.

Although, the future might be bright, not sure the light bulb is exactly on at the moment, not sure this will translate into a championship this year. Jennings to me, is a tad to slow with his reaction to the game speed, eventually Harris will probably have to the guy. The defense has been solid after the first 2 quarters against Wisconsin, but this week will be more of a test with Mississippi State.

I still look for 3-4 losses, I just don't see that many freshman carrying a team to a championship.

At best UF will finish 4th in the East behind UGA, USC and Mizzou.

Could slip to 5th depending on what happens October 4th.

Muschamp is toast.

Muschamp is toast.

Don't forget the brutal 5 game stretch for Florida. Florida hasn't improved and could lose all 5. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Florida could finish 6th. Things aren't going well for Florida. Florida State completely dominates recruiting in Florida.

Muschamp is toast.

Going to be a game. At this point I would say UT's D will not give up anything easy. Especially let one receiver get over 200 yards. The only question UT faces is O-line. If they gel at all they will roll Florida.

Going to be a game. At this point I would say UT's D will not give up anything easy. Especially let one receiver get over 200 yards. The only question UT faces is O-line. If they gel at all they will roll Florida.

ROLL? Y'all ain't Bama or Fsu. Vols may win but it e be a fight. I'm guessing neither teams scores over 24.

VN Store

Back