Could the east champ have three losses?

BeattieFeathers

South Carolina looked very slow on defense which is a shocker. The cocks could be last year's Florida! I'm not sold on UGA's qb or their defense. Same ol vandy! We will rout them! Also we get Bama the week after they play the Aggies!

Could? Of course.
Likely? Probably not.

Last night showed that So Carolina is not what they claimed to be. Vandy is still Vandy. Ole Miss is going to be as good as Bo Wallace is in any given game. My beloved Vols won't have to play aTm until the SEC championship game!

Reactions: 2 people
Could? Of course.
Likely? Probably not.

Last night showed that So Carolina is not what they claimed to be. Vandy is still Vandy. Ole Miss is going to be as good as Bo Wallace is in any given game. My beloved Vols won't have to play aTm until the SEC championship game!

Bo Wallace is a gift or curse to Ole Miss. They have a good football team that will be totally dictated by Bo in terms of wins and losses. He's so up and down that it gives any of their opponents a shot to beat them. From what I saw in Bo last night, I have no doubt that if we bring our A game and put pressure on Bo that we can beat Ole Miss. I believe there's hope for us getting to a bowl game if we can take care of business on our end, and depending on how things work out, 7 maybe 8 wins, including a bowl game win, might not be out of the question.

I remember a national champion lsu team that had two losses. So yes the east champ could have three losses.

First off, I don't see the East beating the West. So...

Alabama over Tennessee
Alabama over Florida
A&M over Missouri
Auburn over Georgia

So, right off the bat everyone will at least have one loss from the west at a minimum. Florida also plays LSU. Tennessee plays Ole Miss. South Carolina plays Auburn.

Then, the east teams all will beat on each other and I don't think any of them are good enough to sweep the division. So, we are talking about everyone at least having two losses.

SEC title game could very well be 2 loss aTm versus 2 loss Mizzou, if aTm wins their head to head matchup...

Life without Shaw and Clowney proved to be very bad for the GameCOCKS. Vandy's coaching staff needed to be more concerned about their team's play than costing them a time out for Anchor Down on the back of their jerseys.

First off, I don't see the East beating the West. So...

Alabama over Tennessee
Alabama over Florida
A&M over Missouri
Auburn over Georgia

So, right off the bat everyone will at least have one loss from the west at a minimum. Florida also plays LSU. Tennessee plays Ole Miss. South Carolina plays Auburn.

Then, the east teams all will beat on each other and I don't think any of them are good enough to sweep the division. So, we are talking about everyone at least having two losses.

Advantage Georgia, as they don't play LSU, Bama or A&M.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree that UGA has an advantage with the schedule, but I kinda think UF could slip in there. Those defenses last night were lousy, the one in Gatorland is not. I dont think its a reach when you consider that the gators return their QB as well as the rest of the mash unit from last year. Gators look better after last night imo. Next year, UT gets in the conversation. GBO!

So would a 2 loss sec champion get an automatic berth in the 4 team playoff?

That's a good one to ponder. Whoa, the loathing in the south if the answer were No. :birgits_giggle:

For example, what if a 3 loss UGA team without the toughest schedule around, met a 1 loss ATM, AU or UA. UGA wins it 34-13 or something, dropping the West team to 5-8th in the nation. Four undefeated and one loss teams will not be superseded to put that SECCG loser in the playoffs. But, even in this scenario, one of the other West powers could be a one or two loss team that sneaks into the top 4. Kinda like UF a couple of years ago when UGA went to the SECCG and UF was one loss.

The SEC top to bottom is the best football conference in the nation IMO. But, I have to admit, that I am full up on all the prideful and bragging SEC homers who have a mindset that no other team in the nation can hang with the SEC. Every year there are teams that COULD beat down the SECs best in 1 game.

Whether not one team in the SEC ends in the top 4 or not seems unlikely. Although, I could see an attrition scenario that could make it happen.

Unless UGA gets it together, I think the East champ winds up with 3 losses at a minimum. Could be worse than that.

Don't underestimate UGA. IMO their defense will be much improved with Pruitt taking over for Grantham and . They have the strongest running game in the conference which will open things up for Mason who completed 61% of his passes last year for an injury depleted team . I think they win the East easily .

Look back at the rash of injuries that turned all of this on it's head last year. The team with the least number of critical skill players injured usually wins the day. Mizzou and SC last year. We shall see this year. All of these teams are a hurt QB away from looking pretty bad.

VN Store

Back