Franklin=Meyer. Not how you think.

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
After watching the Vandy game I have come to a conclusion, James Franklin is just like Urban Meyer. While Meyer had great success at UF he could see the writing on the wall when most of his studs left. Now James Franklin bolts out of the SEC when he loses Jordan Matthews. Ironic.

Reactions: 1 person
After watching the Vandy game I have come to a conclusion, James Franklin is just like Urban Meyer. While Meyer had great success at UF he could see the writing on the wall when most of his studs left. Now James Franklin bolts out of the SEC when he loses Jordan Matthews. Ironic.

He left when his stock was at its highest. Smart move without a doubt.

On a side note, Mason is a terrible HC. No way he survives more than two years in Nashville.

Hope Franklin meets this guy in Dublin...

1-LeprechaunSmilingInFlashlight.gif

You think Jordan Matthews is the only difference between last years Vanderbilt team and this years? Vandy has basically the same amount of talent as last year if not more overall. As for Florida they always have studs so I don't buy your premise.

Being from Greenback, which is the hometown for Temple OC Marcus Satterfield, I have to think it had much more to do with Temple building a better product than Vanderbilt dropping off. Temple played the best game I have ever seen them play.

However, Vandy looked and played like crap. Only reason they scored is because Temple had a bad punt snap deep. Looked like Vandy was trying to sail with their anchors down. Perhaps they should change their slogan to weigh anchor. On second thought, don't. Watching Vandy lose had a feel of normalcy. Comforting.

Being from Greenback, which is the hometown for Temple OC Marcus Satterfield, I have to think it had much more to do with Temple building a better product than Vanderbilt dropping off. Temple played the best game I have ever seen them play.

However, Vandy looked and played like crap. Only reason they scored is because Temple had a bad punt snap deep. Looked like Vandy was trying to sail with their anchors down. Perhaps they should change their slogan to weigh anchor. On second thought, don't. Watching Vandy lose had a feel of normalcy. Comforting.

Sorry Mods, for some reason, this message came in three copies.

Last edited:

Disagree that may have been the worst I've seen any SEC team play in the BCS era. I guess we will see in the coming weeks how much Temple has really improved but tonight Vanderbilt was a complete and for the most part self inflicted train wreck. I do think this years Temple team is better then last years 2-10 team though.

You think Jordan Matthews is the only difference between last years Vanderbilt team and this years? Vandy has basically the same amount of talent as last year if not more overall. As for Florida they always have studs so I don't buy your premise.

They lost their starting QB who completed almost 70% of his passes and the WR with the most receiving yards in SEC history. Those are tough things to replace. Do I personally think Matthews was the ONLY difference? No but he was definitely the biggest.

They lost their starting QB who completed almost 70% of his passes and the WR with the most receiving yards in SEC history. Those are tough things to replace. Do I personally think Matthews was the ONLY difference? No but he was definitely the biggest.

Agree with you on that but I still think if Franklin was there Vanderbilt wins this game by 17+ points. I don't think Franklin leaving had anything to do with losing Matthews and Carta-Samuels and that's what I was replying to.

Vanderbilt looked completely unprepared and Mason pulling Robinette so quickly was a coach ill prepared to handle the pressure. They lacked the focus, confidence and motivation that Vandy teams under Franklin had. Robinette didn't put up big numbers last year but he was the quarterback in their wins against UGA, Florida and us last year. No way he should have been pulled that quickly and not return after winning the job.

Last edited:

That's their battle cry. Weird to me, you'd think it would be anchor's up so they could go someplace. At the very least, use the navy term anchor's aweigh.

Reactions: 1 person
Disagree that may have been the worst I've seen any SEC team play in the BCS era. I guess we will see in the coming weeks how much Temple has really improved but tonight Vanderbilt was a complete and for the most part self inflicted train wreck. I do think this years Temple team is better then last years 2-10 team though.

Dunno. I saw a Mississippi State team lose to University of Maine once, so it's pretty close.

VN Store

Back