USC cornerback suffers sprained ankles...

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
Saving his nephew from drowning.

USC cornerback suffers sprained ankles saving nephew from drowning | Fox News

University of Southern California senior cornerback Joshua Shaw likely won't play in the Trojans' season opener Saturday against Fresno State, but he's already being hailed by his coach as a hero after spraining both his ankles jumping off a second-story balcony to rescue his 7-year-old nephew from drowning.

The school said the incident occurred Saturday evening, when Shaw was attending a family party at his cousin's apartment in Palmdale, Calif. At one point, Shaw saw his nephew Carter, who cannot swim, struggling in the apartment complex's pool. With no one else nearby, Shaw jumped off the balcony onto the concrete below. Despite the pain, USC said Shaw was able to crawl into the pool and pull his nephew to safety before maneuvering himself out of the water.

Pretty awesome story.

Reactions: 3 people
Adoree who?

Focus on the fact Shaw saved a life and risked his future in football doing so.

Reactions: 6 people
Shaw is a class act.

Originally signed with us, then transferred to USC to be closer to home.

This story doesn't surprise me at all...great kid.

I'd do the same. Good for the young man- hope for a quick recovery.

What a great story. Lucky he didn't do more damage, but glad it all worked out for the two.

A-hole if he was lying.

Current USC player and former Florida player. I was disgusted at the thought of liking such a thing but I let that go when I saw what he did. If he lied, wow. Further proves what garbage USC and Florida is.

Reactions: 1 person
A-hole if he was lying.

Current USC player and former Florida player. I was disgusted at the thought of liking such a thing but I let that go when I saw what he did. If he lied, wow. Further proves what garbage USC and Florida is.

Overreact much?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back