Kenny Chesney loves him some Spurrier

Power T-Rev

Tennessee is bad for your health
Anyone see the preview for the SEC storied on Steve Spurrier? Kenny Chesney makes me sick kissing Spurrier's butt.

Now I'm as a big of a Tennessee fan as they come but spurrier is one of my favorite coaches. Nothing wrong with it IMO

Reactions: 13 people
Nothing wrong with it. Spurrier is a raised East Tennessean just like Chesney. I don't know why UT fans take Spurrier's one liners seriously. I find them to be hilarious. Spurrier is great for the SEC, and it'll be a shame when he finally hangs it up.

Reactions: 14 people
I'm a lifelong Vol fan but I still like Spurrier. I think it's ok to not hate everyone that isn't a Vol. Spurrier has been great for college football.

Reactions: 3 people
I mean he's almost 70 and coaches practice in flip flops with no shirt on..... He is hilarious until he starts taking shots at us

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't Chesney get booed when they brought him on college gameday in knoxville because he had brought Tebow and some other gator players on the stage at his concert?

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt cfb will ever be as entertaining once Spurrier is gone. It's already way more boring since he left Flarduh.

Sorry but I like Spurrier and wish he was either still at UF (for the sake of the rivalry) or would have became our coach when the opportunity presented itself. Before I get flamed, I do love me some bUTch and glad he took the job but Spurrier will always be one of a kind.

Reactions: 2 people
You can't help but look forward to Spurrier zingers every off-season (and season, I suppose). I enjoy it. Makes it sweeter when we beat that ass!

Just remember, he might take his shots, but the Vols kept his Cocks out of the SEC championship last year. Get some, Ole Ball Coach!

Cheney did go to ETSU, so it's not hard to understand that he likes 'Cocks.

Last edited:
Imo most vol fans are just bitter that he didnt play here and instead went to a rival school and then coached said rival school during our peak years. You can't grow up a football player in Johnson City and not at least have SOME orange in your blood.

Didn't Chesney get booed when they brought him on college gameday in knoxville because he had brought Tebow and some other gator players on the stage at his concert?

He also brought Summit, a few Lady Vols and Pearl on stage when he played New Amsterdam on the Strip when I was in school. All entertainers are also marketers and play to the ones who pay their salary.

He also produced the Condredge Holloway documentary, no doubting who Chesney pulls for. He's a Vol and a marketer, nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
Sorry but I like Spurrier and wish he was either still at UF (for the sake of the rivalry) or would have became our coach when the opportunity presented itself. Before I get flamed, I do love me some bUTch and glad he took the job but Spurrier will always be one of a kind.

+1

Imo most vol fans are just bitter that he didnt play here and instead went to a rival school and then coached said rival school during our peak years. You can't grow up a football player in Johnson City and not at least have SOME orange in your blood.

Yup. And when that school tells you thanks but no thanks you move on to a school that says sure, come on down

I can't stand that little snot-nosed smarmy Spurrier. And I question Kenny Chesney's Vol loyalty...

:lolabove:

Nothing but respect for SOS

Heisman Trophy winner
Tampa Bay Bandits head coach
Duke head coach - ACC Champs
Florida head coach - 6 time SEC Champs, National champs
Washington Redskins head coach
South Carolina head coach - after 8 seasons winningest HBC in program history

Last edited:

I'm not bitter because of where he played his college ball which was well before I was born. Most Vol fans understand that was due to the single wing offense we were still running under Bowden Wyatt. This thread has left out the snark filled comments that he was responsible for and that most coaches don't do.

"Can't spell Citrus without UT."
"1996 Knox County Champions"
"Peyton Manning returned because wanted to be the 3 time MOP of the Citrus Bowl."

Fulmer had his chance to serve Spurrier some crow in '97 and '98 but had a little more class than Steve has ever shown. Spurrier only shows humility when he has no other choice.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not bitter because of where he played his college ball which was well before I was born. Most Vol fans understand that was due to the single wing offense we were still running under Bowden Wyatt. This thread has left out the snark filled comments that he was responsible for and that most coaches don't do.

"Can't spell Citrus without UT."
"1996 Knox County Champions"
"Peyton Manning returned because wanted to be the 3 time MOP of the Citrus Bowl."

Fulmer had his chance to serve Spurrier some crow in '97 and '98 but had a little more class than Steve has ever shown. Spurrier only shows humility when he has no other choice.

someone's resentful.

VN Store

Back