Paul Finebaum

LittleDTO

He just made fun of a guy with disabilities and said he had been drinking.

This guy is a total disgrace.

Reactions: 2 people

You don't listen to him much do you? That guy calls all the time and Paul went and actually visited him and his family at home. They are fairly close now.

Reactions: 2 people
You don't listen to him much do you? That guy calls all the time and Paul went and actually visited him and his family at home. They are fairly close now.

People only hear what they want to hear. ESPN would fire him if he had done something like this

People only hear what they want to hear. ESPN would fire him if he had done something like this

And if his show was as bad as Tennessee fans think then ESPN wouldn't have hired him or especially put it on tv. When we start winning again and he talks Tennessee up, they'll love it.

Reactions: 3 people
I have came to the conclusion that Finebaums big Dumbo elephant ears is why he is up Bamas butt all the time.

He's not up their butt...he talks about them because right now they're the team to beat in the SEC. When he was in Alabama he did what he had to do to generate callers and ratings. Those nut jobs sat in their trailers and probably cussed him 24/7

He's not up their butt...he talks about them because right now they're the team to beat in the SEC. When he was in Alabama he did what he had to do to generate callers and ratings. Those nut jobs sat in their trailers and probably cussed him 24/7

In the early 00's he was all over Auburn and Bama fans hated him. He just does his job well. Of course we hate him, he never talks about us.

Reactions: 1 person
Say what you will, but he's been up Bama's butt for awhile now, as he would any team that has had their recent success.

I don't. I was watching the show on the SEC network. They should be wise enough to know perspective then. A whole new audience.

It was probably Robert from Waterloo, Iowa. Paul does a lot to take care of him and his family. He is a regular caller. I know I'll catch hell for this, but I actually enjoy listening to the show. Not so much the idiots like Charles from Realtown or Tammy or Phyllis, but when he does talk football it's great for me here in ACC country. We don't get a lot of SEC talk in the triangle. When they do talk about the SEC on local radio, it's usually in a condescending way or accusatory attitude about how everyone in the SEC cheats.

It was probably Robert from Waterloo, Iowa. Paul does a lot to take care of him and his family. He is a regular caller. I know I'll catch hell for this, but I actually enjoy listening to the show. Not so much the idiots like Charles from Realtown or Tammy or Phyllis, but when he does talk football it's great for me here in ACC country. We don't get a lot of SEC talk in the triangle. When they do talk about the SEC on local radio, it's usually in a condescending way or accusatory attitude about how everyone in the SEC cheats.

It was Robert.

Watched 5 minutes of Finebaum the other day. It was Jerry Springer-esk. Never again.

That covers it well.

He's made a name for himself by fielding calls from drunks it makes for good radio time in those parts. He adds very little to anything other than being the agitator.

Phyllis is classic! And Chuck is from REELTOWN, don't let him see it misspelled.

Phyllis is classic! And Chuck is from REELTOWN, don't let him see it misspelled.

I thought it was Reeltown. Phyllis is something else. I heard she called Cowherds show and they got into iit with him. It is entertaining, I can understand why people can't stand the show though. I will say it is an acquired taste. Now I'm the one sounding condescending, by saying you almost have to know how to listen to it.

I thought it was Reeltown. Phyllis is something else. I heard she called Cowherds show and they got into iit with him. It is entertaining, I can understand why people can't stand the show though. I will say it is an acquired taste. Now I'm the one sounding condescending, by saying you almost have to know how to listen to it.

Before I had satellite radio, the best part of the 2 weeks I spend in AL every month was being able to catch Finebaum on B'ham radio as soon as I crossed the line. Now I can listen anytime. An overwhelming majority of my clients are Auburn alums and we get a kick out of the Bama 'necks, like Phyliss, that call in.

She jumped all over Danny Kanell last week only to find out she heard him wrong to begin with and in trying to save face jumped on him for something else. The show is pure comedy and Paul plays up to that. I'd like to know how he truly feels about UT though. Last week he was interviewing Musburger on the day of the SEC Network launch and Finebaum mentioned that he went to college in the state of Tennessee without saying he attended UT. I know he plays up to the Bama schools but he really downplays his affiliation with UT and I'm not sure if that's because of who his audience is or if he simply has no use for his alma mater.

Last edited:
I never understood putting radio shows on TV. It is two guys sitting 40 feet apart at desks fielding phone calls from redneck idiots. Why do they feel like television is interchangeable with radio? We need visual stimulation while watching TV, not a view of some boring snarky D bag with dumbo ears belittling his audience.

Reactions: 4 people
Wife and I both agreed last night. We'd as soon watch a tree floatin' down the river get waterlogged as watch Finebaum.

-grass grow
-metal rust
-look for clouds in a blue sky

help me now

VN Store

Back