My favorite fans other than vol fans...

roddo518

Coach
Are Arkansas fans. I have met several at different events not just ut/ark games, and I think Vol fans relate to them better than any. I always have been able to carry on a conversation about lots of different subjects with them. More importantly, you can talk sec football and not get in the "gotcha" game or thinking you need to leave before you feel the need to punch someone! I recall just a couple of years after their qb cost ark the game vs tn in 1998, I was at Tunica playing blackjack, and sat down with 5 Arkansas fans. I thought to myself this will be interesting. By the time I left it felt like we were long time college friends.
This is my opinion. I welcome others on the subject of who you think are the best fans in the sec other than Vols of course.

I kinda like LSU fans even though the ones I know I call them johnny come lately fans

Ole Miss and Miss State. Met some really great LSU fans too

Last edited:
Vandy for me

Troll_Face.png

I like Mississippi State fans a lot. They're good people.

I'll agree with that. My best friend is married to a msu graduate. I cheer for them, unless their playing us, every time I'm over to a Saturday football party. She is a great gal.

I don't know any Wisconsin fans but I do think when they play "jump"in their stadium it's an awesome site to behold. Sounds like they get their place to rocking.

When we went to the Outback Bowl, we met several people who were really nice. We won the game, but they won the post game celebration. :lol:

I went to the Auburn game last year and actually sat beside some really good people in some Auburn fans. They had alot of good to say about Tennessee's program and the direction it is going under Butch Jones. It made the beating we took a little less painful.

Reactions: 2 people
Nebraska fans...Had a good time with them at the Orange Bowl in 97...Most were very cordial and friendly and We tailgated around several who we enjoyed sharing meals with throughout the whole day....Just wish the game would've ended better.

Joke.... Joking is okay on here????? :) Probably UT fans since most of my friends are UT fans, co-workers, and my wife side of the family bleed orange. :thumbsup:

It's done out gator, to late to be back slidin and changin stories now. The truth is out!

Gotta be Texas A&M fans. Some of their traditions are awesome and their blind homerism in the face of wild adversity is to me, as a Tennessee fan, familiar and comforting.

Reactions: 1 person
I went to the Auburn game last year and actually sat beside some really good people in some Auburn fans. They had alot of good to say about Tennessee's program and the direction it is going under Butch Jones. It made the beating we took a little less painful.

There's no such thing as good Auburn fans, and half of my family is Auburn fans.

Reactions: 2 people
Nebraska fans...Had a good time with them at the Orange Bowl in 97...Most were very cordial and friendly and We tailgated around several who we enjoyed sharing meals with throughout the whole day....Just wish the game would've ended better.

I was also at that game and I agree. The Nebraska fans were very classy.

When it comes to SEC fans, true Alabama fans i.e. alumni, are great. They know the game, they respect the game and they truly respect us.

I went to Tuscaloosa in 2005, the 6-3, Cory Anderson heartbreak, and I can't think of a more enjoyable away game experience I've had than that one. We were given tickets by some out of town alums we met at our hotel the night before and had an awesome tailgate experience before and after the game with them and their friends. The best part is they talk as much crap about the sidewalk alumni fans as we do.

Most Bama alums can't stand the bandwagon, cut off the water to buy tickets side of their "fanbase" and realize the bad name it gives all Bama fans. Unfortunately for every respectable alum, there's 9 Harvey Updyke's.

VN Store

Back