Gators fight at practice, Hargreaves III injured

HvilleCommando

Vernon Hargreaves III apparently injured in practice just now. Appears to be leg, and unable to put weight on it.

Would be big loss for the Gators.

Vernon Hargreaves III apparently injured in practice just now. Appears to be leg, and unable to put weight on it.

Would be big loss for the Gators.

Too bad.

On another note, I thought this thread was about a crappy Van Halen album.

Speculation is he was injured in a team brawl that started from a tackling drill.

Not speculation, that's exactly what happened.

Was Richt involved? Hopefully nobody goes to jail. Ooops, me bad, this is the gators. Spurrier will get Garcia out of the drunk tank to bail them out. Crap, wrong again. Spurrier isn't coaching down there anymore. ****, this is a dilemna,,hmmm,,Pinkel,,,no,,,he's not clean,,,Saban,,,no can do, he has his own kiffin to deal with. Franklin will clean this mess up, how hot is your wife?? Crap, double crap,,frankie is back in penn state cleaning that mess up. Let me put my thinking cap on,,hmmmm,,,,Les Miles,,,he wears a cap. Wrong again,,the cap wears him. WTF are we gonna do to fix this little dilemna??????????? BINGO - Butch Jones - we gonna whip dat azz wether VH deuce tre or 4 is playing or not. Hell, that was easy to solve.

Reactions: 2 people
Siap

cb vernon hargreaves injured at practice
3 hours ago
during the 10th period of florida's 17-period practice on thursday evening, sophomore all-american cornerback vernon hargreaves iii was hurt after a routine tackling drill turned into a 25- to 30-person scuffle on the far practice field at florida's donald r. Dizney lacrosse stadium. Hargreaves came out of the group of players limping, then went to the ground writhing in pain. He was helped off by two trainers to a medical tent while putting very little weight on his left leg.
Hagreaves later had his left leg iced while in the tent before being carted off of the practice fields about 20 minutes following the scuffle. The extent of his injury is unknown at this time. Coach will muschamp is expected to meet with the media at noon on friday.
While it's unclear exactly how hargreaves was injured, the drill quickly became chippy. Freshman duke dawson came up waving his arms at an offensive player after one rep. Minutes later, a hard tackle by a defensive player led to a group of players congregating, and the situation quickly escalated. About 25 to 30 players, made up of the entire defensive backs and wide receivers units going through the drill, formed a large cluster, which moved from where the drill started some 20 yards toward the near sideline as players, coaches and trainers attempted to break things up.
Hargreaves came limping out of the cluster, which was near the 20-yard line, and gingerly moved toward the 35-yard line, where he hit the ground.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pound tampa, fla. Native started 10 games as a true freshman last season where he earned third team all-american honors from the associated press. He is expected to start at cornerback for florida as one of the top two players on defense.

In before the merge...

From an unnamed source, names redacted to protect the innocent...

DB1 whips WR1 in a drill. DB1 taunts WR1; WR1 challenges DB1 to do the drill again. WR1 shoves the next WR in line aside to do the drill over against DB1, everyone takes notice.

WR1 beats DB1 on the do over, which got the offensive players a whoopin' and a whompin'. That pissed off all the DBs. Apparently only DBs are allowed to run smack.

A couple drills later, DB2 stands up WR2, lifts him up and slams him down. WRs converge on DB2, which leads to DBs coming in to support their guy. A minor scrum ensues.

Eyewitness accounts say Hargreaves and Andre Debose were attempting to be peacemakers during the dust up, which is encouraging because typically Debose doesn't like getting his nails dirty.

Good news for us is VH3 is okay and shouldn't miss any games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Was Richt involved? Hopefully nobody goes to jail. Ooops, me bad, this is the gators. Spurrier will get Garcia out of the drunk tank to bail them out. Crap, wrong again. Spurrier isn't coaching down there anymore. ****, this is a dilemna,,hmmm,,Pinkel,,,no,,,he's not clean,,,Saban,,,no can do, he has his own kiffin to deal with. Franklin will clean this mess up, how hot is your wife?? Crap, double crap,,frankie is back in penn state cleaning that mess up. Let me put my thinking cap on,,hmmmm,,,,Les Miles,,,he wears a cap. Wrong again,,the cap wears him. WTF are we gonna do to fix this little dilemna??????????? BINGO - Butch Jones - we gonna whip dat azz wether VH deuce tre or 4 is playing or not. Hell, that was easy to solve.

You're trying too hard.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm undecided at how I would feel if this scrum occurred at a UT practice. In one aspect, it seems like an out of control mess. On the other hand, it indicates that the players aren't prepared to take and sh!t from anybody. I kinda like that in my teams. Gator fans, what is your take?

I'm undecided at how I would feel if this scrum occurred at a UT practice. In one aspect, it seems like an out of control mess. On the other hand, it indicates that the players aren't prepared to take and sh!t from anybody. I kinda like that in my teams. Gator fans, what is your take?

Without giving too much away, I'm not bullish on the idea that the scrum...more importantly the events that led to it...is a good thing for our defense.

Ask yourself this question, why would the WRs go ape$h!t after one of their own turned the tables on a DB who just owned him?

On the one hand it could mean our much maligned WRs are tired of hearing how much they suck, and how talented our young DBs are.

On the other hand it could mean our DBs are full of themselves, don't give full effort from one play to the next...and they don't respect their teammates.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back