Ole Miss Racist?

%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%BD%D1%8F%D1%88%D0%B0-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5-338336.png

Reactions: 2 people
A rose by any other name..............

They are still Racists............ by a larger percentage than most every other school in the United States.

I'm surprised they don't have more drowning deaths on campus when they get a heavy downpour. Maybe they keep their noses covered.

This university administration may be the only one that tops Cheek and his cronies. They have caved to every outcry of PC and ruined storied traditions and symbols of that University. The great thing about this country is we're "required" to do so few things. No one is required to endure these "burdens" that Ole Miss bears on so many apparently.

If a university name offends you as a student; don't attend. If you're a professor/employee; don't work there. If a song or mascot at games offends you; don't go. I'll never understand why people choose to go somewhere or do something that offends them and then *****es about it. Stay away if it's that bad.

History has already been written and it can't be rewritten, no matter how hard you try. They can slash all the symbols, traditions and monikers they want to, but the truth is it happened, everyone knows it happened and most will NEVER forget.

#HottyToddy #OleMiss

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
bowlinggreenvol and I see eye to eye on this. It's a damn shame.

This university administration may be the only one that tops Cheek and his cronies. They have caved to every outcry of PC and ruined storied traditions and symbols of that University. The great thing about this country is we're "required" to do so few things. No one is required to endure these "burdens" that Ole Miss bears on so many apparently.

If a university name offends you as a student; don't attend. If you're a professor/employee; don't work there. If a song or mascot at games offends you; don't go. I'll never understand why people choose to go somewhere or do something that offends them and then *****es about it. Stay away if it's that bad.

History has already been written and it can't be rewritten, no matter how hard you try. They can slash all the symbols, traditions and monikers they want to, but the truth is it happened, everyone knows it happened and most will NEVER forget.

#HottyToddy #OleMiss

Please don't have kids

Reactions: 5 people

#HottyToddy #OleMiss
Well spoken

Reactions: 3 people
Please don't have kids

Because I believe it's PC overkill to overhaul an entire university's history i should refrain from procreation? Thanks for your intelligent and valued input on the topic at hand.

Edit: to make myself clear in my previous post, when I said most will never forget, I meant the horrors of times gone by and not an embracment of those times. Whites and blacks alike will always know that slavery existed and with that came some disgustingly, inhumane acts. Just because a mascot name changes, those horrible acts don't suddenly disappear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
they are tied with Alabama and Vanderbilt for the dumbest mascot in the SEC --- UF and Missouri need to get live mascots like the big boys have ---

Reactions: 2 people

#HottyToddy #OleMiss

You are spot on. I remember when they threatened to stop playing From Dixie With Love at the football games if the students/crowd said "the South will Rise Again" at the end. Well they kept saying it so Dictator Dan Jones abolished it. People need to grow up and not be so mentally weak. Also why does the mascot have to be a "black" bear. I might be getting offended by that hahaha

You are spot on. I remember when they threatened to stop playing From Dixie With Love at the football games if the students/crowd said "the South will Rise Again" at the end. Well they kept saying it so Dictator Dan Jones abolished it. People need to grow up and not be so mentally weak. Also why does the mascot have to be a "black" bear. I might be getting offended by that hahaha

The removal of Dixie is what told me all I needed to know about that administration. My dad told me that my hometown high school used to play Dixie in conjunction with the National Anthem when he was growing up. Their mascot was the Tigers and that was in SoFL, not exactly a bastion of "rebel pride" but still the true South back then (before being overtaken by Yankees). It was played out of tradition and meant little more than that.

Pretty soon, KY schools won't be able to play "My Old Kentucky Home" anymore because it uses the word "darkies" in the original version. Which is far more racially charged than any verse in Dixie.

Reactions: 1 person
They already changed the words to "'tis summer, the PEOPLE are gay."

Which, to be honest, opens up a whole new can of ****.

Pretty soon, KY schools won't be able to play "My Old Kentucky Home" anymore because it uses the word "darkies" in the original version. Which is far more racially charged than any verse in Dixie.

They already changed the words to "'tis summer, the PEOPLE are gay."

Which, to be honest, opens up a whole new can of ****.

Well I knew that (why I said original version, not being an ass) but no one sings the words anyway until it gets to the chorus. At WKU it's like the crowd woke up when it hits the chorus.

But you're right, i didn't even think of the gay portion of it. Abolish it now before it gets out of control.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back