Will we finish ahead of UF in the EAST?

BornonRockyTop

Came across this pre-season SEC east breakdown 2014 SEC East Preview -and I think people are making it a forgone conclusion that UF will be so much better this year. I don't see it with that offense they have coming back! I think we beat them and finish ahead of them in the east.

While I still believe they will beat us head to head, I think we end up with a better record at the end of the season. Their schedule is absolutely brutal

I'd be shocked if you didn't. For one, I think its like 70-30 you beat us this year. For another, our SEC schedule is otherwise brutal.

We have unproven playmakers at WR but solid guys at TE and RB. Just need to stay healthy and Driskel needs to cut down on mental mistakes. I predict a Top 75 offensive unit and top 5 total D which should. translate into 8 or 9 wins.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'd be shocked if you didn't. For one, I think its like 70-30 you beat us this year. For another, our SEC schedule is otherwise brutal.

Butch will own the gators from here on out and rand Paul will be potus.

The world will return to normal

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Came across this pre-season SEC east breakdown 2014 SEC East Preview -and I think people are making it a forgone conclusion that UF will be so much better this year. I don't see it with that offense they have coming back! I think we beat them and finish ahead of them in the east.

Do you even have any idea what UF has coming back?

First of all, they return five starters on the offensive line.

DJ Humphries, JR, 6’5, 290, 19 games played, 9 starts
Tyler Moore, RS JR, 6’5, 325, 16 games played, 9 starts
Max Garcia, RS SR, 6’5, 294, 26 games played, 24 starts
Trenton Brown, SR, 6’8, 350, 12 games played, 5 starts
Chaz Green, RS SR, 6’5, 305, 20 games played, 20 starts

The offensive line was a mess of injuries last year. 3 of these guys missed 25 total games last year of playing time, Max Garcia played out of position at tackle most of the year because of the injuries, and Trenton Brown wasn't even supposed to play last year, he was supposed to RS and get his weight down, but he played well anyways. (he has since dropped 40 pounds).

They return a talented RS Jr. QB that is 12-3 as a starter.

They return a deep and talented RB unit.

Kelvin Taylor, SO, 5’10, 209
Mack Brown, RS SR, 5’11, 210
Matt Jones, JR, 6’2, 235
Adam Lane, RS FR, 5’7, 222

They received a really important transfer in 6'6, 255 TE Jack McGee who will add instant big play ability at the TE position. He had 71 receptions, 769 yards, 7 TD at Virginia.

They return the best WR corp they've had in years. A lot of those guys were expected to contribute as freshmen, and most did, it's just hard to see it from a statistics point of view because the pass protection was so bad and UF was playing their 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

Quinton Dunbar, RS SR, 6’2, 195
Chris Thomspon, SO, 6’0, 170
Andre Debose, RS SR, 6’0, 190
Ahmad Fulwood, SO, 6’4, 202
Demarcus Robinson, SO, 6’1, 205
Lattroy Pittman, JR, 6’0, 208
Valdez Showers, RS JR, 6’0, 194

These are the guys most expected to contribute. This is a very talented, physical group, and provides UF with a lot of different options.

Not to mention it appears that UF has received an upgrade at the OC and OL coaching positions, but we'll see how that shakes out.

It's like night and day different from 2013. But by all means, keep thinking UF is only going to score 18.8 PPG again in 2014....

UF has good playmakers coming back. If they avoid injuries they have a ton of talent, even with decommits and transfers. The coaching is what holds them back imo at this point.

UF has good playmakers coming back. If they avoid injuries they have a ton of talent, even with decommits and transfers. The coaching is what holds them back imo at this point.

Having the right support, which as stated above may or may not be the case, can make all the difference in the world for Muschump. If he's got the right coaching mix the Gators will be dangerous. If his coaching batter sucks as bad as Dooleys did, then deep fried gator tail is definitely a tasty menu option.

It's like night and day different from 2013. But by all means, keep thinking UF is only going to score 18.8 PPG again in 2014....

You never know. Kurt Roper is their OC. Was he calling the shots at Duke, or was Cutcliffe?

And even if he was the guy at Duke, will Muschamp let him actually do his job? That appeared to be an issue last year.

After nine years I have a hard time seeing us win this one. I think driskel is a good qb, and the gaturds won't have the injuries they had last year. Jmo, gaturds will either be great this year or really bad, don't see much in between. Hope the streak ends this year.

VN Store

Back