Georgia LB DUI (7th arrest)

Yup, we were. Dooley wanted him pretty badly if I remember.

And by "wanted him pretty badly" i mean, sent him a Facebook message saying "Hey, you should come to Tennessee...unless you don't want to," and then never spoke to him again.

Reactions: 9 people
If the kid was a 2013 recruit, no way he's of age either. This will be underage drinking plus DUI. Never a good thing.

I truly hope our days of this kind of news are behind us. I know every now and then, we'll have a college kid being a college kid (like we had back in February), but I hope that the days of kids doing stupid things that can end their careers and ruin their lives are behind us. I hope Butch can sit in a player's living room and tell their mom and dad that we don't and won't tolerate that behavior, and that we have a culture of character and class at UT. These opportunities are far too precious to be wasted.

Reactions: 2 people
If the kid was a 2013 recruit, no way he's of age either. This will be underage drinking plus DUI. Never a good thing.

I truly hope our days of this kind of news are behind us. I know every now and then, we'll have a college kid being a college kid (like we had back in February), but I hope that the days of kids doing stupid things that can end their careers and ruin their lives are behind us. I hope Butch can sit in a player's living room and tell their mom and dad that we don't and won't tolerate that behavior, and that we have a culture of character and class at UT. These opportunities are far too precious to be wasted.
Well said!
:good!:

Well said!
:good!:

Thank you. You just think about players here recently, like Deion Bonner, who got a second chance and blew it. Players like Nu'Keese and Janzen who messed up big time, players like Cameron Clear, who is doing well at A&M, but you'd love to see him here, not there.

John Brown, Dave Clark, Eddrick Loften, couldn't get the grades to get in. Lanier would have been a good DB for us...

I mean, there's just so many players who just ruin a good thing because they either make a dumb decision, or they fail to get it done in the classroom. And with all of the academic support that UT offers its student-athletes, there is absolutely no reason for a student-athlete to not graduate with a degree if they show up to class and put in the work.

I just hate seeing young men waste opportunities that could literally change their lives far beyond football.

Yeah, I do remember Butch was hot after this kid...

I remember this because of the smokes in the Oregon picture and the **** storm it caused by the Puritans in the recruiting forum who think weed is the devil's potion or some nonsense like that.

Quotes under these articles always flow with humor. This tidbit garnered a chuckle -
At least he’ll miss some time thanks to the Georgia student-athlete handbook. I’m guessing Auburn’s student-athlete handbook says if a player gets arrested, he gets a raise.

Reactions: 2 people
Usually their best RB gets busted for something - Gurley must have a coach tailing him this summer

VN Store

Back