Herschel Walker vs Bo Jackson

VFL21

Was watching the Paul Finebaum show when they started talking about who was the better college running back. Most on there said Bo. Was wondering what all of your opinions are?

College? Herschel, and it's not even close.

Bo was arguably the superior athlete based on his accomplishments in two sports, and Bo had more success professionally in two sports.

But in my opinion, Herschel Walker is the best college football player I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Flip a coin. Both were awesome RB's. Bo had the best combination of size, speed and power of any RB that college FB has ever seen. Walker was a man among boys when he was on the field. I don't think there is anyway to say who was better.

Herschel had the better numbers but also was given almost double the amount of carries as Bo. Bo averaged an insane 7.7 ypc in 1983.

Reactions: 1 person
Walker single handily won GA a NC and three great seasons. They are both the best ever at their position.

Too tough to call. Probably the two best RB's to ever play in the SEC.

And I think Jamal Lewis had the potential to be in that conversation. But it never came to fruition.

Herschel had the better numbers but also was given almost double the amount of carries as Bo. Bo averaged an insane 7.7 ypc in 1983.

I was thinking Herschel because of the numbers but as you mentioned he did have a lot more carries.

Walker single handily won GA a NC and three great seasons. They are both the best ever at their position.

Walker had UGA in a position to win the national title all three years he was there...without much help, unless you consider Buck Belue to be help.

If I had the number one pick in the NFL, MLB,NBA, or NHL draft I choose Vincent Bo Jackson.

Dude was the greatest athlete to grace this earth. I really feel bad for younger fans that didnt have the pleasure of seeing him do what he did. AMAZING!

In college I seen them both Herschel was the best back ever in college, and Bo was the best Pro between them, I never forget in 85 they were number 1 and we shut BO down and kick there azz, we could never stop Walker, ask BILL BATES.

Here's an idea. Ask Brian Bosworth.

Bo just shoved the BOZS back a few yards, but Walker run over and thru Bates, I was in the end zone seats, you could hear the hit when he ran over Bill, I knew then they didn't make them like that every day, anybody remember Marcus Dupree just that big word if he had his head on straight he might have been better than Bo or Walker.In a 4 year period we seen all three of them, they just not that type of RB anymore.

Bo just shoved the BOZS back a few yards, but Walker run over and thru Bates, I was in the end zone seats, you could hear the hit when he ran over Bill, I knew then they didn't make them like that every day, anybody remember Marcus Dupree just that big word if he had his head on straight he might have been better than Bo or Walker.In a 4 year period we seen all three of them, they just not that type of RB anymore.
hit wasn't that hard, BB was in terrible position. Great play none-the-less.

hit wasn't that hard, BB was in terrible position. Great play none-the-less.

Actually, if you watch that play, Bates got his pads down lower than Walker did. Herschel just trucked him.

Head was low, but his feet were spread out and had no forward momentum or leverage.

What always gets me about that play is the d-lineman shifting inside right before the snap. Herschel could've driven a truck through that hole without anyone even getting blocked. Bates was the first thing Walker hit about 7-8 yards downfield.

What always gets me about that play is the d-lineman shifting inside right before the snap. Herschel could've driven a truck through that hole without anyone even getting blocked. Bates was the first thing Walker hit about 7-8 yards downfield.

Ball ain't that heavy.

VN Store

Back