My SEC Predictions - Pre Fall Camp

CobbVol

Of course, for pre-season discussion purposes.

SEC East

Florida (9-3, 6-2) - Florida wins tie-breaker
South Carolina (9-3, 6-2)
Georgia (10-2, 6-2)
Tennessee (6-6, 3-5) - UT wins tie-breaker
Missouri (7-5, 3-5)
Kentucky (4-8, 1-7)
Vanderbilt (4-8, 0-8)

SEC West
Alabama (12-0, 8-0)
Auburn (10-2, 6-2)
LSU (9-3, 5-3)
Texas A&M (8-4, 4-4) - A&M wins tie breaker
Ole Miss (8-4, 4-4)
Miss State (8-4, 4-4)
Arkansas (3-9, 0-8)

SEC East

Georgia (10-2, 6-2)
Missouri (7-5, 3-5)
Kentucky (4-8, 1-7)
Vanderbilt (4-8, 0-8)

SEC West
Alabama (12-0, 8-0)
Auburn (10-2, 6-2)
LSU (9-3, 5-3)
Ole Miss (8-4, 4-4)
Miss State (8-4, 4-4)
Arkansas (3-9, 0-8)

You had me at 12-0. Carry on!

I think Bama loses one. I'm leaning towards LSU being that loss.

Still think Bama wins the West and makes the Playoff.

Florida will be much improved but i don't see them winning the east

Agree with Catbone. Anything will be better from that disaster of a season they had last year, but I don't see them going from terrible to amazing in one year. I don't think they have the offense to do it. Their defense is always stout.

Most likely Georgia will scrape by barely yet again to win the East. I think it's going to be between UF/SC/UT for 2nd place. And I'm not just being a homer there. I think those are your top 4 team. Mizzou lost too much, Vandy lost their daddy, and Kentucky...I consider it a victory for them when I still remember they're in the SEC.

And as far as the West goes, I see no way Bama doesn't win it. Saban doesn't lose two games and then not come back with a vengeance.

Auburn won't jump up and surprise people like they did last year, they'll have a tougher go at it this year.

A&M will still be good but without Manziel, the team definitely won't have the same dynamic as it did.

SEC East

Georgia (10-2, 6-2)
Missouri (7-5, 3-5)
Kentucky (4-8, 1-7)
Vanderbilt (4-8, 0-8)

SEC West
Alabama (12-0, 8-0)
Auburn (10-2, 6-2)
LSU (9-3, 5-3)
Ole Miss (8-4, 4-4)
Miss State (8-4, 4-4)
Arkansas (3-9, 0-8)

I believe Georgia wins the east, I don't have any faith in the Gators, I think they finish 3rd and I do not believe UT finishes above Missouri. I think LSU finishes higher the Auburn but I think the Burn beats Bama again. See Arkansas last makes me laugh just because of Beilema's attitude about the SEC when he was at Wisc. It's tough to win when you play 7-8 solid teams each year. Go Vols

I think Bama loses one. I'm leaning towards LSU being that loss.

Still think Bama wins the West and makes the Playoff.

Bama and UGA in the SECCG. The dawgs (not that I think they are necessarily better) finally wins one for the east.

Florida will be much improved but i don't see them winning the east

D will prolly be good enough but like BW I can't imagine the O making that big of a change in one season. Its not all coaching on that side of the ball and you don't fix that in just one class.

UT is fighting for position with UF and Mizzou.

I was predicting 5-7 to 6-6 for us this season for us, but I'm slowly starting to think we may be a dark horse to make a run at the east. .
Flame Away!

Lots of new, inexperienced, and unproven QBs especially for most of the top teams from last year. I would expect a little more craziness this year especially in the West. Don't be surprised by Ole Miss.

Lots of new, inexperienced, and unproven QBs especially for most of the top teams from last year. I would expect a little more craziness this year especially in the West. Don't be surprised by Ole Miss.

I keep hearing about Ole Miss, but I just don't buy Bo Wallace. Maybe it's because he's been consistently terrible against Bama.

Reactions: 1 person
Bama and UGA in the SECCG. The dawgs (not that I think they are necessarily better) finally wins one for the east.

Depends on how Coker does. If he lives up to his potential then UGA will not come within 10 points of Bama. I think too many people are sleeping on UF. They have a lot of talent, their offense will be much better under Roper and their defense is elite.

I keep hearing about Ole Miss, but I just don't buy Bo Wallace. Maybe it's because he's been consistently terrible against Bama.

He is kind of an up and down kind of player. I would probably take him over most of the QBs in the SEC right now, definitely would take over what LSU has right this second.... that isn't really saying much but...

Eventually you have to let a QB throw and make mistakes, the good ones learn, the bad ones don't.

I would not be surprised by LSU playing walk on QBs if things do not go right, this year is going to be crazy I think.... very little experience at QB throughout the SEC.

I don't see Florida winning the East because of the lack of offense. Georgia takes the east IMO. Also I think LSU finishes 2nd above Auburn and I think Bama has 1 loss, that being to LSU. Bama still takes the West crown however

Last edited:
Pretty close to what I was thinking. Other than the top 3 in the east being switched around a bit it's a good guess. UK would love to get at least one sec win, and I think they might scare a few teams and win a couple at least. Arkansas should win at least one conference game, but who knows, the west looks stacked this year.

Depends on how Coker does. If he lives up to his potential then UGA will not come within 10 points of Bama. I think too many people are sleeping on UF. They have a lot of talent, their offense will be much better under Roper and their defense is elite.

UFs D will be championship level but their offense was historically bad last year and that includes talent. Cant see them fixing that in one year. I think they re a 7 win team.

VN Store

Back