Charlie Strong running a tight ship

McCat

Rent free in your head
No.

-----------------

Earlier this week, the Austin American-Statesman reported that Texas is working with the NCAA after discovering potential violations from an agent who provided meals to two unnamed players.
Texas school officials reported the violations to the NCAA, according to the American-Statesman, though the school would not confirm or deny the identities of the players involved.
On Tuesday night, following a tip from OrangeBloods.com, the paper identified a St. Louis-based agent named Justin Bingman who could have ties to the investigation. Bingman tweeted about dinners with four Texas stars in March -- defensive end Cedric Reed, defensive tackle Desmond Jackson, linebackers Steve Edmond and Jordan Hicks, but those tweets were deleted "sometime after 11 p.m." on Tuesday.
Details, via the American-Statesman:
Bingman did not return messages left by the American-Statesman.
“Just had a great dinner with @Ced_Reed88 He and his dad are great guys!” Bingman tweeted on March 22.
“Had dinner with @TexasBoy99tank and his Dad last night. They are both great guys and looking forward to the next time,” he tweeted about Jackson on March 23.
The next day, Bingman tweeted, “Had dinner with @SteveBigMoney33 last night, MLB for Texas. We all had a great time with many stories. #Longhorns”
Bingman's next tweet read: “Just had dinner with a great young man that is going to do great this year for Texas @JHicks_3 #Longhorns #LonghornsNation”
The NCAA has not commented, citing the ongoing investigation. Texas coach Charlie Strong is not scheduled to meet with the media until Big 12 media day next Tuesday.
The good news for Texas is that the school is involved and working with the NCAA. Two (or more) players may have to pay restitution for the meals and serve some time of suspension, but the NCAA usually rewards cooperation in these minor cases.
Agent tweets could be tied to reported NCAA violations at Texas - CBSSports.com

Reactions: 1 person
It may, but it's good to see those smug Texans get investigated.

The real question is when is the Kensucky BB program going to get investigated? Everywhere Coach C has been he has left under scrutiny? When it happens, and it will, it will be "larger than Texas." Can't wait!!
:)

I think GoVols15 is just trolling. What's funny are the r-tards who like his posts.

I love it! Gators and Kentucky fans calling people names and saying Vol fans are trolling on VOLNATION! You guys don't disappoint ... :loco:

Kentucky hasn't had a decent football team since they ran Bear Bryant off YEARS ago. Gators are getting ready to get Butch slapped. You guys are getting a little testy! I LOVE IT! :)

Last edited:
I love it! Gators and Kentucky fans calling people names and saying Vol fans are trolling on VOLNATION! You guys don't disappoint ... :loco:

Kentucky hasn't had a decent football team since they ran Bear Bryant off YEARS ago. Gators are getting ready to get Butch slapped. You guys are getting a little testy! I LOVE IT! :)

You're trolling because it's a section of the forums that has nothing to do with UT and this thread is about Texas, not uk. We all know you have your own agenda and hate uk. It's getting old and your're just making yourself look childish.

You're trolling because it's a section of the forums that has nothing to do with UT and this thread is about Texas, not uk. We all know you have your own agenda and hate uk. It's getting old and your're just making yourself look childish.

What's funny is our interactions with the overwhelming majority of the natives here are cordial and positive. Ditto for Tiger Droppings and a couple other boards I lurk and post on.

GV15 reminds me of that guy you encounter at road games who seeks out rival fans' tailgates to run unsolicited smack. Not a student, but that guy in his 30s or 40s who probably didn't attend college, let alone graduate.

I'd ignore him, but he's so damn stupid he's unintentionally entertaining.

Last edited:

We'll I suppose you told me!! Hate Kensucky, now now now hate is a strong word! I dislike Kensucky. I also dislike the Tators but do not resort in calling people childish names. Looking "childish," talking about yourself.
:hi:

We'll I suppose you told me!! Hate Kensucky, now now now hate is a strong word! I dislike Kensucky. I also dislike the Tators but do not resort in calling people childish names. Looking "childish," talking about yourself.

Good thing you don't resort to childish name calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
If an agent was pillaging there last year they would have gone hungry. Not one of UTjr players got drafted last year! Which is shocking.

Oh the irony. I dislike Louisville, and will occasionally drop a "Loserville" out there. I dislike a lot of rivals of UK. But I don't post crap every time I have the chance and try to rile those particular fans up. You try to start stuff and then act like you are somehow innocent. Grow up please.

What's funny is our interactions with the overwhelming majority of the natives here are cordial and positive. Ditto for Tiger Droppings and a couple other boards I lurk and post on.

GV15 reminds me of that guy you encounter at road games who seeks out rival fans' tailgates to run unsolicited smack. Not a student, but that guy in his 30s or 40s who probably didn't attend college, let alone graduate.

I'd ignore him, but he's so damn stupid he's unintentionally entertaining.

Soooo wrong on so many points ... true childish Tator anger! :loco:

Good thing you don't resort to childish name calling.

One other thing Tator man, saying "Kenscuky" and "Tator" is calling a PROGRAM a slang word a lot of fans use to refer to other programs. What you and the Kentucky fans do, quite often, is directly insult the person who gives their opinion. In case you don't realize it there is a big difference! Now do you understand the "irony" in what you said? Probably not ... :loco:

One other thing Tator man, saying "Kenscuky" and "Tator" is calling a PROGRAM a slang word a lot of fans use to refer to other programs. What you and the Kentucky fans do, quite often, is directly insult the person who gives their opinion. In case you don't realize it there is a big difference! Now do you understand the "irony" in what you said? Probably not ... :loco:

This, coming from the poster who claimed I was "blind to the love of God" because of an opinion I posted a while back. :eek:lol:

I respect UT's football program and UK's basketball program. You're the only person here who refers for UF fans as "Tators", or calls Kentucky "Kensucky" in EVERY post...pretty childish if you ask me.

As for my opinion of you personally, you validate that opinion every time you post.

The real question is when is the Kensucky BB program going to get investigated? Everywhere Coach C has been he has left under scrutiny? When it happens, and it will, it will be "larger than Texas." Can't wait!!
:)

I don't think it will happen at KY. He had to be shady at UMASS cause well it was UMASS. At Memphis his biggest issue was with D Rose. UK is a household brand that he shouldn't have to cheat at...but I sure as hell hope he has and gets busted...that mofo is smug

VN Store

Back