What's with the 8:30 AM game on kickoff Saturday?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Penn State vs UCF. Is it just because it's in Ireland? It seems they could have picked a much more accommodating game time for college football fans.

Penn State/UCF. Sorry I just updated my post to say that. Forgot to put it in there the first time.

I would say it's probably because it's more convenient for the people who will be working and going to the game as opposed to the fans who want to watch from here who just have to set alarms and turn on the tv.

I would say it's probably because it's more convenient for the people who will be working and going to the game as opposed to the fans who want to watch from here who just have to set alarms and turn on the tv.

I can't help but feel like if you're going to that game your weekend is probably cleared out.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't help but feel like if you're going to that game your weekend is probably cleared out.

If im going to a game in Ireland, im making at least a weekend out of it lol. Id rather be on an Irish schedule than mess up my weekend going at 2:30am (complete guess on what time it would be locally) so the people in Florida and Pennsylvania can watch it at a decent hour on tv. Jmo.

It'll be fun watching the drunk Irish fans. They don't have all the sissy fan regulations like they do here.

If im going to a game in Ireland, im making at least a weekend out of it lol. Id rather be on an Irish schedule than mess up my weekend going at 2:30am (complete guess on what time it would be locally) so the people in Florida and Pennsylvania can watch it at a decent hour on tv. Jmo.

Ireland is 5 hours ahead of ET. So the game is 1:30PM local time.

I'm down to cheer against Jimmy Frank early on a Saturday. I think these overseas college football games are sort of stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you realize that a noon kick off in Knoxville is a 6:00 am kick off in Hawaii, right? You dont hear them asking to be more accommodating

Do you realize that a noon kick off in Knoxville is a 6:00 am kick off in Hawaii, right? You dont hear them asking to be more accommodating

That's awesome...You cold get the entire day of college ball in before noon lol

I'm down to cheer against Jimmy Frank early on a Saturday. I think these overseas college football games are sort of stupid.

Especially one with no ties to the country where it's being played. I can at least buy the premise of ND playing over there but not UCF and PSU. Any who, my cousin and his wife who are UCF alums are going to that game. I'm sure it'll be a good time, albeit an expensive one.

That's awesome...You cold get the entire day of college ball in before noon lol
Yep. I was in Hawaii the year we played UMiami at Miami. The next day the Titans played the Dolphins in Nashville and was drinking coffee in my pjs watching the game. The Sunday night game is the afternoon game there. Makes for a quiet Sunday night, though.

Well you're talking about one state asking all of football to be more accommodating to their time frames. That's quite different than what I was saying.

I'll be watching the game, regardless, just seems kind of random to air a game at a time when you're likely not to have many people watching.

If you don't like it, move to Ireland.

'Merica!!!
Be sure to wear this

images

s.gif

Reactions: 2 people

They're stupid. Just like the NFL , MLB , and NBA games that's played overseas are stupid.

Well you're talking about one state asking all of football to be more accommodating to their time frames. That's quite different than what I was saying.

I'll be watching the game, regardless, just seems kind of random to air a game at a time when you're likely not to have many people watching.

It would make a lot more sense to play the game at night in Ireland so it would be an afternoon game here competing with all the other games going on at the same time.

It would make a lot more sense to play the game at night in Ireland so it would be an afternoon game here competing with all the other games going on at the same time.
That would interfere with their, well you know, drinking

That would interfere with their, well you know, drinking

Sorry, I was going for sarcasm. Why wouldn't they broadcast a game that early on the first Saturday of the season? You can only show so many games during the day and this is an easy way to get one in early without actually having a game start that early.

Each school is spending quarter of a million dollars to send students overseas when they should be home studying. And then they wonder why players want to be paid.

That game would have a larger viewing audience competing with other games at 3 or 4 PM than it will asking people to get up that early on a Saturday.

VN Store

Back