Crazy UGA Stat

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
@RussMitchellCFB
In the past 6 CFB seasons, #UGA has faced 17 SEC tms tht finished above .500 in conf play, & won only 4 times. Scout.com: Mitchell: The Underachieving Georgia Bulldogs

Couldn't believe it when I read that. I like Mark Richt, but he's really lucky that Florida and Tennessee are down or he might be under serious pressure right now. Numbers like that are tough to ignore.

Reactions: 3 people
Couldn't believe it when I read that. I like Mark Richt, but he's really lucky that Florida and Tennessee are down or he might be under serious pressure right now. Numbers like that are tough to ignore.

Very reminiscent of the stats floating around towards the end for Fulmer in '07 & '08

Not sure how the typical UGA fan views Richt

Very reminiscent of the stats floating around towards the end for Fulmer in '07 & '08

Richt has a ton of goodwill banked, but the Fulmer comparison is very apt. The discipline issues at UGA also look a lot like the mid 2000s under Fulmer.

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder what their record is against ranked teams? I mean I know ours is terrible but it seems like there was a stat about their record against ranked teams that was pretty shocking, and this was over a pretty good amount of time.

I don't know any UGA fans down here who think he's a very good coach, but I rarely hear anyone talking about actually firing him anymore like I did a few years ago. I've heard the Phil Fulmer comparison drawn many times. Including what happened to our program after we fired him.

Reactions: 1 person
Richt has an easy enough schedule and enough talent in his back yard to be mediocre and hang on to his job. They're fortunate

Reactions: 1 person
yea 2012 florida was kind of richt's big validation win which was a pretty ugly game but jarvis jones a beast and wouldnt let us win lol

the sec title game against bama was kind of a recent highlight too

but yea most of richt's big achievements were won in the early part of his career and we still beat that ass 2 out of 3 with zook lol

little known fact zook beat the sec champ in 2003(LSU) and 2005(UGA)

who knows tho as much as people rag on richt he fields good teams and every couple yrs they have a title contender type squad hard to fire that

I don't know any UGA fans down here who think he's a very good coach, but I rarely hear anyone talking about actually firing him anymore like I did a few years ago. I've heard the Phil Fulmer comparison drawn many times. Including what happened to our program after we fired him.

Another Fulmer comparison I have heard is the need for good coordinators to be successful at this point in their career. Most of the talk I hear is how Pruitt is the 'missing piece' in a few years, or how Pruitt is the HCIW

yea 2012 florida was kind of richt's big validation win which was a pretty ugly game but jarvis jones a beast and wouldnt let us win lol

the sec title game against bama was kind of a recent highlight too

but yea most of richt's big achievements were won in the early part of his career and we still beat that ass 2 out of 3 with zook lol

little known fact zook beat the sec champ in 2003(LSU) and 2005(UGA)

who knows tho as much as people rag on richt he fields good teams and every couple yrs they have a title contender type squad hard to fire that

Zook was not your coach in 2005.

Zook? 2005?

Forget it. He's on a roll

He mispelled 2002.

It went right over your head. Not surprising though

florida-players-block-each-other-during-georgia-southern-game-b.gif

VN Store

Back