NCAA baseball tournament thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I really enjoy the college baseball post season.

Anyone else watching Kentucky and Louisville? Crazy play a minute ago which just about resulted in a brawl.

Loved Stubblefield giving the Texas dugout an upside down 'hook em' after his CG win just now.. SEC SEC SEC

I really enjoy the college baseball post season.

Anyone else watching Kentucky and Louisville? Crazy play a minute ago which just about resulted in a brawl.

It was unfair how the Kentucky guy got thrown out for running over the catcher, but the Louisville guy didn't.

Did you see the scuffle with Texas tech and Miami?

It was unfair how the Kentucky guy got thrown out for running over the catcher, but the Louisville guy didn't.

Did you see the scuffle with Texas tech and Miami?

No. What happened?

No. What happened?

Texas Techs first baseman collided with a baserunner on third with two outs. After that, he proceeded to drop the ball into the baserunners lap. Miami's base coach got into his face about it. Then Texas Techs first base coach got into the Miami's coach's face and start chewing him out. Then it broke into a full on shoving match between the clubs.

Texas Techs first baseman collided with a baserunner on third with two outs. After that, he proceeded to drop the ball into the baserunners lap. Miami's base coach got into his face about it. Then Texas Techs first base coach got into the Miami's coach's face and start chewing him out. Then it broke into a full on shoving match between the clubs.

Sounds awesome.

just saw the replay of those benches clearing. first baseman be instigating.

Tech advances and gets to host. Wow. Great for them.
12 minutes till the big show

Well we got beat on the mound and got out coached last night. Started off decent, then went to hell in a hand basket. Pitches in the dirt, errors at 3rd base, calling for 2 out & lead off bunts, the list goes on. Terrible way to go out and it stings more considering the opponent.

I'll put the majority of that loss on Rob Childress. For a pitching guru, he sure wet the bed last night considering the circumstance.

Are Vandy and Ole Miss only 2 left? My goodness.

Depending on how things go in the Super Regionals, there's a good chance that the eventual NCAA Champion this year by the time the final out is called in Omaha may be a team that wasn't in the Top 10, or even ranked at all.

2014 NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2014 NCAA Baseball Tournament DI | NCAA.com

Of the sixteen teams that hosted a regional series, only seven of them are advancing to the Super Regional series.

Five of the eight national seed teams for the tournament are done for the year.

Five of the current remaining teams where 3 or 4 seeds in the various regionals.

Having an awesome regular season and winning your conference doesn't mean much of anything if you run out of gas in the regional round.

Texas punched their Omaha ticket today over Houston.

Stanford forces the rubber match with Vandy with a walk off HR 5-4.

Maryland is looking really strong winning against UVa.

Watching Ole Miss and ULL right now. The ULL has one heck of an offense... should be a fun game to watch.

Oh and go Kennesaw State! Lost a heartbreaker yesterday. Up 4-2 right now.

Vanderbilt punches their ticket to Omaha after beating Stanford 12 to 5, getting over the hump and winning their second Super Regional in team history.

The bad news, they apparently are paired with Louisville for their first game in Omaha.

UC Irvine sends Oklahoma State packing, and Pepperdine has forced a game 3 with TCU. Never paid much attention to either team, but I'm kind of hoping Pepperdine wins that one, underdog and all.

Vanderbilt punches their ticket to Omaha after beating Stanford 12 to 5, getting over the hump and winning their second Super Regional in team history.

The bad news, they apparently are paired with Louisville for their first game in Omaha.

UC Irvine sends Oklahoma State packing, and Pepperdine has forced a game 3 with TCU. Never paid much attention to either team, but I'm kind of hoping Pepperdine wins that one, underdog and all.

It's Irvine's second time getting to Omaha. Dave Serrano lead them to it the first time. :)

Update for those not following the SEC Baseball thread.

After being shut out by Texas on Friday, Vandy wings witn an in field RBI in the bottom of the 10th inning on Saturday, sending the Longhorns home, and earning Vandy's first ever trip to the CWS finals, where they take on Virginia.

Someone will win, someone will loose, eitherway, their name will start with a V.

Deciding between Vandy and Texas is like choosing your method of execution. Lethal injection or the chair?
Lol I agree, but Vandy is playing Virginia in the finals. Was down 2-0, but had a huge 3 inning. They done opened up a can of whoop azz and lead 9-2 now.

VN Store

Back