Missouri coaching search.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
GoodmanESPN: Tue 09:54pm UTEP coach Tim Floyd has emerged as a strong candidate at Missouri, a source told ESPN.

Compare to Tyndall hire.

Given Floyd's history of NCAA trouble at USC that would be hard to believe...I thought they pressured Haith into leaving due to integrity issues stemming from Miami but they would hire Floyd?????

I had no idea Floyd was 60. I think I would still prefer Tyndall, despite Floyds spotty yet impressive accomplishments.

Somehow I don't think Mizzou fans would give him a reception like Auburn fans gave Pearl.

If true....to go from Haith to Floyd, it's like Missouri wants to go on probation

What? They aren't going after Howland? Howland must really have the stink of something all over him. No one seems to be interested at all!

GoodmanESPN: Tue 09:54pm UTEP coach Tim Floyd has emerged as a strong candidate at Missouri, a source told ESPN.

Compare to Tyndall hire.

I don't hate the Tyndall hire, but I'd trade for Floyd in a New York minute.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't hate the Tyndall hire, but I'd trade for Floyd in a New York minute.

1. In the 4 games in Tyndall's tenure between USM and UTEP, USM won all 4 games.

2. Floyd had coached UTEP for 4 years, and they only made the NIT in his first year and was bounced in the first round. They weren't in any tournaments the other 3 years.

These are the reasons why I'd rather have Tyndall.

Reactions: 11 people
It sounds like the reports about Floyd are fading. According to the KC Star they have not contacted Floyd.

Speculation is that Mizzou will go cheap on this hire due to the funds they had to get from boosters for Pinkel's extension and money for the football stadium expansion. I can't see them hiring Kim Anderson, as AD Mike Alden and former legendary coach Norm Stewart do not get along. Anderson is a former Norm assistant. People suspect Alden is floating that name to appease the Norm supporters, but has not real intention to hire him. Stranger things have happened. Anderson won the D2 title but no D1 head coaching experience. Wisconsin's Bo Ryan was a D3 head coach and jumped to D1 at UW-Milwaukee then on to Madison.

1. In the 4 games in Tyndall's tenure between USM and UTEP, USM won all 4 games.

2. Floyd had coached UTEP for 4 years, and they only made the NIT in his first year and was bounced in the first round. They weren't in any tournaments the other 3 years.

These are the reasons why I'd rather have Tyndall.

Dooley beat the Hell out of Jones. You want Dooley back? That's what I thought...

It sounds like the reports about Floyd are fading. According to the KC Star they have not contacted Floyd.

Speculation is that Mizzou will go cheap on this hire due to the funds they had to get from boosters for Pinkel's extension and money for the football stadium expansion. I can't see them hiring Kim Anderson, as AD Mike Alden and former legendary coach Norm Stewart do not get along. Anderson is a former Norm assistant. People suspect Alden is floating that name to appease the Norm supporters, but has not real intention to hire him. Stranger things have happened. Anderson won the D2 title but no D1 head coaching experience. Wisconsin's Bo Ryan was a D3 head coach and jumped to D1 at UW-Milwaukee then on to Madison.

Floyd is fading too....getting old ain't for sissies

Some dude on twitter is saying he's hearing Gregg Marshall to Mizzou, but I think he's delusional. Has like 44 followers.

Dooley beat the Hell out of Jones. You want Dooley back? That's what I thought...

Apples to oranges. USM an UTEP are in the same conference and have roughly the same level of talent. In fact, UTEP is historically the better of the two programs. So Tyndall took an equal program and went 4-0. Dooley, on the other hand, took a better team with more talent and won a home game he absolutely should have. Yes, our talent was down, but the one thing Dooley was good at was beating out Big East and lower level ACC teams for recruits.

Is anyone else surprised that Missouri doesn't seem to be farther along the path? Are they just good at keeping secrets, or they don't have a sense of urgency, or all the news is somewhere else?

Last edited:
While some claim they are still negotiating with Marshall and Howland, the word is that their search is focused on Brad Underwood at Stephen F. Austin who was rumored to be the front runner for the Southern Miss job.

Reactions: 1 person
While some claim they are still negotiating with Marshall and Howland, the word is that their search is focused on Brad Underwood at Stephen F. Austin who was rumored to be the front runner for the Southern Miss job.

Wow, competing for the Stephen F. Austin coach... :crazy:

My guess is that it will be Underwood. He has recruited STL and has a lot of upside. It's going to take $3M to move Marshall.

VN Store

Back