Praise for Dabo Swinney and Clemson fball

too much time on their hands...if no player or coach is complaining, then its none of their business...

Reactions: 4 people
If I was a Clemson booster I would tell them if they cowl down to these A-holes my checks would stop immediately!

Reactions: 5 people
Reactions: 8 people
If I were on the football team at a public university, and my coach made it a team requirement to participate in activities for a certain specific religion that I am not a follower of, I'd have a problem too. I don't see why people are acting like forcing a system of beliefs onto anyone isn't a big deal.

Reactions: 29 people
This is out of control. So the non-religious complain about how when we (Christians) pray or worship in public because they think we are violating their rights... But it is ok for them to tell us what to do.. Makes perfect sense....

No one is forced. If you don't believe in God or Jesus, move on with our day and worry about something else.

Reactions: 9 people
If I were on the football team at a public university, and my coach made it a team requirement to participate in activities for a certain specific religion that I am not a follower of, I'd have a problem too. I don't see why people are acting like forcing a system of beliefs onto anyone isn't a big deal.

NM

This is out of control. So the non-religious complain about how when we (Christians) pray or worship in public because they think we are violating their rights... But it is ok for them to tell us what to do.. Makes perfect sense....

No one is forced. If you don't believe in God or Jesus, move on with our day and worry about something else.

The level to which you don't understand this issue is appalling.

Reactions: 20 people
IF, and I mean IF they are being forced to attend, that is wrong. Swinney simply inviting players and staff to church is not illegal or a violation of anyones rights. All they have to do is say no.

IF, and I mean IF they are being forced to attend, that is wrong. Swinney simply inviting players and staff to church is not illegal or a violation of anyones rights. All they have to do is say no.

I don't agree with this complaint, whatsoever.

However, you're shockingly wrong with how "voluntary" stuff like this is when an individual is overzealous - and, for the record, I only believe this includes a very small percentage of Christians.

Just look at some of the Air Force scandals in recent years - which also affected a friend of mine. Despite the fact that church events prompted by superiors were strictly voluntary, you were quickly ostracized and committing career suicide to dare state that you were an atheist or of another faith.

Reactions: 3 people
For the record, Butch Jones' current Twitter picture is him praying with the team.

c0bfe6bf3499c56775c3dad39483748a.jpeg

Reactions: 12 people
If u read the article it said he didn't force anyone and no one had complained....it's the liberal type nonsense that is making the world unbearable to live in.

200K+ people are being senselessly slaughtered in Syria, there are a handful of civil wars going on at the moment and parents lose children every day.

But this type of stuff makes the world a bad place for you?

Reactions: 10 people
200K+ people are being senselessly slaughtered in Syria, there are a handful of civil wars going on at the moment and parents lose children every day.

Wow did u just go over the top.......I don't live in Syria and there are no civil wars I live.....by the grace of god I was born in America but America is no where near the amazing place it use to be

Reactions: 2 people

You making me side with the Beef has made the world a little worse for me. Thanks pal :sick:

I don't agree with this complaint, whatsoever.

However, you're shockingly wrong with how "voluntary" stuff like this is when an individual is overzealous - and, for the record, I only believe this includes a very small percentage of Christians.

Just look at some of the Air Force scandals in recent years - which also affected a friend of mine. Despite the fact that church events prompted by superiors were strictly voluntary, you were quickly ostracized and committing career suicide to dare state that you were an atheist or of another faith.

That is discrimination. I doubt that is what is happening here.

I'm pretty sure Dabo Swinney wouldn't sit a star player because he didn't believe in God.

As far as your "overzealous" thing. If you are so strong in your beliefs, or in this case dis-beliefs, than grow a back bone and say no to the invitations.

All that stuff happened in the Air Force because nobody routed a complaint to the proper channels. If you don't get the resolution you want with your supervisor, you go to his supervisor. If you don't get the lawful resolution from them, than you go up another step, and so on and so forth. I'm willing to bet the final report on those cases said something along the lines of "the chain of command wasn't used properly".

:banghead2:

IMO Christians should be with the atheists on this sort of thing. Whose faith is being promoted? Fundamentalists? Charismatics? Adventists? Mormons? Prosperity Gospel Evangelicals? For example, Jesus taught against spectacle Tebowing. (Matthew 6:6)

Coaches should coach, players should play, and both should leave it to preachers to lead them to hell.

Reactions: 3 people
Huh...all this time I thought Clemson was a private school. Huh cray.

Either way no matter what people want to say the beginnings of this nations was based on Judeo-Christian values. No one can change the fact that the first textbooks were The Bible and a Hymn Book. God Bless America, Texas, Tennessee and the Vols on this the day before the start of Easter Wknd. Dueces...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 5 people

Your IF makes your entire point irrelevant to Clemson. The school already addressed it! What about MY rights to pray if I so CHOOSE in public! If someone wants to join along and pray and read the Bible what business is it of people that don't!

I, for one, am fed up with people trampling on individuals rights to be a Christian! If you don't like it, come pray with me, you might just learn something!
:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Huh...all this time I thought Clemson was a private school. Huh cray.

Either way no matter what people want to say the beginnings of this nations was based on Judeo-Christian values. No one can change the fact that the first textbooks were The Bible and a Hymn Book. God Bless America, Texas, Tennessee and the Vols on this the day before the start of Easter Wknd. Dueces...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wow! We don't usually agree on much but on this one I have your back! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back