At least Our Spring game wasn't

govols105

this bad...

10174948_748190978547892_4470927990666617980_n.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
To me the funniest part is it is the lineman who is getting pushed back from the receiver

Every time I see that video I laugh.

Me too, then I remember that sorry sack of **** team beat us and immediately stop laughing. But hey, they always beat us, it doesn't matter if UT-martin threw on florida gators uniforms, we MIGHT beat them by us making a last second field goal or them missing a last second field goal, but more than likely they win by at least 14. It drives me crazy. Spurrier and fulmers relationship was like the coaches on the waterboy, with ours being the one that pissed himself every time he even looked at spurrier.

Please can we get over this psychological hurdle in 2014?

the great myth is that the problem has been psychological.

since 2005 (when the florida streak started), tennessee is 14-41 against sec opponents not named kentucky and vanderbilt.

10 of those 14 wins came under fulmer.

ole miss (2010) and south carolina (2013) are the only non-kentucky, non-vanderbilt, sec wins tennessee has had since 2010.

so, again, it's not psychological.

Reactions: 4 people

since 2005 (when the florida streak started), tennessee is 14-41 against sec opponents not named kentucky and vanderbilt.

ole miss (2010) and south carolina (2013) are the only non-kentucky, non-vanderbilt, sec wins tennessee has had since 2010.

Ouch...

Reactions: 5 people
And two of those four were under Kiffin, right?

yep.

georgia (2009)
south carolina (2009, 2013)
ole miss (2010)

ole miss was 1-7 in league play in 2010. georgia was 4-4 in conference play in 2009. south carolina was 3-5 in conference play in 2009.

the win over south carolina in 2013 was tennessee's first win over a team that finished with a winning record in conference play since 2007.

Reactions: 2 people
We're 0-3 against a coach that makes Ron Zook look like Nick Saban. If we can't beat them this year in Neyland, we might as well detonate the stadium after the game and drop football.

Disagree to some extent. Eventually streaks carry some psychological baggage and just add to the futility. Takes some mental toughness to break past a long number.

Disagree to some extent. Eventually streaks carry some psychological baggage and just add to the futility. Takes some mental toughness to break past a long number.

There's some truth to that.

But I think you can only argue a psychological disadvantage when your team is clearly better than their rival, but they still find a way to lose. I'm not sure that can be said for Tennessee during the streaks they're currently enduring. How many times in recent years can UT say they were clearly better than Bama, UF, UGA, etc?

There's some truth to that.

But I think you can only argue a psychological disadvantage when your team is clearly better than their rival, but they still find a way to lose. I'm not sure that can be said for Tennessee during the streaks they're currently enduring. How many times in recent years can UT say they were clearly better than Bama, UF, UGA, etc?

this is my thought as well.

i had a georgia fan tell me the florida game wasn't psychological until the 2002 and 2003 seasons, when georgia clearly had the better team and lost to those ron zook coached teams. then, it became mental.

of course, that advantage is gone now. thanks, will.

another example is when ohio state kept losing to michigan under john cooper in the 90's. a lot of those ohio state teams were LOADED, but when they saw those helmets.....bad things, man. bad things.

We're 0-3 against a coach that makes Ron Zook look like Nick Saban. If we can't beat them this year in Neyland, we might as well detonate the stadium after the game and drop football.

It's much easier to point and laugh at that kid in school who got beat up by the class bully, even if that same kid beat the crap out of you repeatedly for nine years.

Last edited:

it gets worse.

under fulmer, tennessee was 10-15 in those games (2005-2008).

since fulmer, tennessee is 4-26 in those games (2009-present).

yep.

georgia (2009)
south carolina (2009, 2013)
ole miss (2010)

ole miss was 1-7 in league play in 2010. georgia was 4-4 in conference play in 2009. south carolina was 3-5 in conference play in 2009.

the win over south carolina in 2013 was tennessee's first win over a team that finished with a winning record in conference play since 2007.

What is your unhealthy obsession with us?

VN Store

Back