Breaking News.............UCONN starves it players!!

Just thinking about this very thing today. There has to be stuff going on under the table everywhere. The kids from poor and middle class families can't go to the big colleges in hand me downs. If you are staying away from home and from a family that cannot afford to give you spending money, what do you do? These kids wouldn't last 10 minutes slumming in the middle of a college campus. This has to be the big untold secret among the big guys. Those guys on the Vol Walk are not in $50 suits. They say they serve from 7 to 7 at Connecticut. That's half a day! What about the other 12 hours when an athlete has probably burned all of his calories in the practices? Where do our players get the money to go clubbing and get in trouble! You know it goes on. How does it happen without penalties across the nation?

Poor baby. His mama was shown wearing nice clothes. How much did he spend for his tats? He probably drives around in a vehicle of some kind. There is a training table, I would guess.

The entitlement culture personified.

Reactions: 4 people
UConn’s Napier: ‘We do have hungry nights’ | The CT Mirror

Really..................I cant help but believe this is gonna get out of hand. :banghead2:

What a friggin baby. The article below shows it:

"Shabazz Napier, like all our scholarship athletes, is provided the maximum meal plan that is allowable under NCAA rules. UConn does not have a cafeteria devoted specifically to student-athletes, but they have access to the same cafeterias which are available to all our students," Phil Chardis said in an statement.

UConn's Student Athlete Handbook outlines that UConn's athletes with a meal plan have access to the all-you-can-eat dining facilities that are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Reactions: 1 person
Go ahead and pay these irresponsible babies a salary and let them be responsible for paying tuition, room and board out of that salary. And oh yeah, they will have to pay income taxes on their wages. Let them get a taste of the real world and understand how the rest of us serfs have to pay for their free rides with our taxes and increased ticket prices to cover the dues to their union thug bosses.

Reactions: 3 people
What a friggin baby. The article below shows it:

"Shabazz Napier, like all our scholarship athletes, is provided the maximum meal plan that is allowable under NCAA rules. UConn does not have a cafeteria devoted specifically to student-athletes, but they have access to the same cafeterias which are available to all our students," Phil Chardis said in an statement.

UConn's Student Athlete Handbook outlines that UConn's athletes with a meal plan have access to the all-you-can-eat dining facilities that are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

So they can't eat after 7 unless their family gives them money to do so?

Just thinking about this very thing today. There has to be stuff going on under the table everywhere. The kids from poor and middle class families can't go to the big colleges in hand me downs. If you are staying away from home and from a family that cannot afford to give you spending money, what do you do? These kids wouldn't last 10 minutes slumming in the middle of a college campus. This has to be the big untold secret among the big guys. Those guys on the Vol Walk are not in $50 suits. They say they serve from 7 to 7 at Connecticut. That's half a day! What about the other 12 hours when an athlete has probably burned all of his calories in the practices? Where do our players get the money to go clubbing and get in trouble! You know it goes on. How does it happen without penalties across the nation?

After seeing some of the suits worn by our players during the Vol Walk, I'd be surprised if they were worth any MORE than $50.

So they can't eat after 7 unless their family gives them money to do so?[/QUOTEWhy not? He doesn't look like has missed too many meals. Did family pay for all of those tat? Someone did. Those have to worth at least a month or two of groceries. He gets money for meals if he lives off campus. Wtf does he spend that money on? I Guess he believes we are naive enough to believe he is starving. I suppose he wants to extract more tax money from parents trying to scrape enough to send their own kids to community college where. Or bleed the fans for higher ticket prices. Or, beg for higher activity fees from other students.

No, AC, he is not starving. Far from it.

If they wouldn't smoke so much weed they might not get the munchies.

That's what I was thinking. He probably means the school cafeteria is closed at 2am and he doesn't always have the funds to make those runs to Krystal to beat the munchies.

Starving child scored 22 points tonight. Imagine he would have had a triple double if they fed him.

Go ahead and pay these irresponsible babies a salary and let them be responsible for paying tuition, room and board out of that salary. And oh yeah, they will have to pay income taxes on their wages. Let them get a taste of the real world and understand how the rest of us serfs have to pay for their free rides with our taxes and increased ticket prices to cover the dues to their union thug bosses.

I don't think college players should be paid but your comparison makes no sense. What part do you play in a billion dollar industry? In the case of these players, they're the bread and butter of generating billions.

You think your taxes and tickets pay for their college expenses? Again, you do realize that these players you speak of produce billions, right? Or have you not seen the TV contracts as of late? Pretty sure CBS and ESPN aren't going to pay squat if there is no football team or basketball team. And if all the top players went to minor leagues and you replaced them with lesser talent, CBS and ESPN still aren't going to pay squat because it would be sub-par product. It's amazing to me that you somehow believe you're one of the people paying for their schooling. Every major university produces more than enough sports revenue to put them through college. In other words, the players are the reason for that revenue. That means they've essentially payed their own way through their performance on the floor. They're bringing in more money with their performance than 4 years of tuition is worth. But if you believe your paying taxes and buying a few 50 dollar tickets is paying for their schooling, feel free to pat yourself on the back. I don't agree with you but if it makes you feel better...

Reactions: 2 people
The entitlement culture personified.

The anti-American exploitation culture personified.

No, I don't believe college player should have to be paid, but the colleges are going to have to change to stop that from becoming reality. However, the colleges and NCAA should have no collusion as far as the players off the court, in general.

Treat them like any other student and I really don't see much of a problem (but each situation and State are different), the problem is when the colleges through the ncaa collude to control these guys/gals and at the same time doing to benefit themselves for financial gain.

Reactions: 1 person

No, I don't believe college player should have to be paid, but the colleges are going to have to change to stop that from becoming reality. However, the colleges and NCAA should have no collusion as far as the players off the court, in general.

Treat them like any other student and I really don't see much of a problem (but each situation and State are different), the problem is when the colleges through the ncaa collude to control these guys/gals and at the same time doing to benefit themselves for financial gain.

They are treated way better than any regular student. They get to eat all they want from 7 to 7. Maybe they should take their leftovers home.
These kids are given so much its not even funny. I would love to get their benefits for only playing once a week.

They are treated way better than any regular student.

They are not treated like regular students. If LSU told me while I was going there I couldn't receive money from a 3rd party, I think I would have told them to stick too.

The problem is simple and the solution is simple. Trying to protect their revenue stream is not going to work out much longer.

Reactions: 4 people
They are not treated like regular students. If LSU told me while I was going there I couldn't receive money from a 3rd party, I think I would have told them to stick too.

The problem is simple and the solution is simple. Trying to protect their revenue stream is not going to work out much longer.

I would deal with no 3rd party money, if my education was paid for, I got fed at necessary hours, and I have no bills to pay for. Sign me up for that life.
Regular students end up thousands in debt, football players don't. That's worth a lot also.

Seems like somebody is getting greedy. It's a priviledge to play football, not a right. The opportunity can suddenly never exist again.

I bet that kid doesn't even know what starving is.

Last edited:

On top of their scholarship which includes room and board, kids that qualify (poor kids) can also receive pell grants and other aid. The short time I was on a scholarship the kids from poor families had more disposable income than I did. My parents income was jus above the threshold for pell grants.

The NCAA screwed up when they banned athletic dorms and cafeterias.

Its not slavery, no matter how much you would like it to be called

Nobody forces them to play. They can not play, pay their own way, or work at McDonalds

Life is about choices

VN Store

Back