Why Alcohol Should Be Sold at CFB Games

Most would be adding a beer in the stadium to the 1/2 pint already consumed on the strip or parkin lot. Beer on liquor, never sicker.

"Fans that drink alcohol while tailgating are almost exclusively beer drinkers, both before and after the game."

I'm not so sure I agree with this.

"Fans that drink alcohol while tailgating are almost exclusively beer drinkers, both before and after the game."

I'm not so sure I agree with this.

I know I don't.

Selling beer would likely make the game experience better since there would be fewer people working as hard to get hammered before kickoff. But I'm afraid it would make the post game even more interesting.

May reduce individual level of drunkeness but result in more people being pretty drunk as opposed to some people being really drunk

Two word answer for 'Why Beer should be sold in Neyland'.....Derek Dooley

Dooley was only part of it...You can add 2005, 2008, 2009. and 2013 to the mix as well. From a blowout standpoint I think 2013 was the worst of all...although it was a brutal schedule.

Big fan as long as they don't skimp on how much alcohol they put in the margaritas.

Just think how arrests and incidents would drop if they sold weed at games

Might reduce all the "woo's!" during Rocky Top, too. Takes a little too much focus to get ready for that point in the song.

More of a woo Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo wait, what? sort of thing.

the revenue alone makes it a worth while venture, I actually just did a paper on this for class. Would really benefit UT right now with all the financial difficulties we're having.

At UNLV they serve booze but they can barely fill a 30k stadium. The biggest issues I could see is fans falling from the upper deck and students as well as adults being idiots. Go to an NFL game, drunk fights break out all the time ....on the other hand, drinking beer and watching football is an American past time

Last season's Auburn game would have been much easier to bear if Neyland Stadium sold beer.

VN Store

Back